DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Magic/spell slots for NPCs

How are people keeping track of known/available spells for NPCs as there does not appear to be a specific area where this can be entered?

To the developers: is this something that might make it into a future version?

A slight oversight perhaps. But it should be easy enough to add extra elements to the NPC-sheet though. Once you figure out the 'dynamic' (in lack of better word) position-reference system used on the NPC-sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    But it should be easy enough to add extra elements to the NPC-sheet though.
    Perhaps. But it doesn't seem like I should have to learn to program just to add functionality which should presumably be there in the first place.

My opinion only...

When doing the WA conversion for Necro games I put the bad guys spells in the 'descriptions' on the first window.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    When doing the WA conversion for Necro games I put the bad guys spells in the 'descriptions' on the first window.
    Yep. That seems like the only reasonable place for them to go at the moment...

If I remember right, you can drag and drop them from the spell list into the page. Makes it nice as you can referance the spell later.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by msd
    Perhaps. But it doesn't seem like I should have to learn to program just to add functionality which should presumably be there in the first place.

My opinion only...
    Fair enough, but that's fun too. :wink:

I don't use the D20 system at all so I'm afraid I don't know what to add, but I'm sure there's someone here that knows the D20 system and could add them?

Not that this has anything to do with the d20 system, per se, but to add the NPC spell tab to the program, you need to first, create the graphic. Change the other graphics to show the new spells, figure out the area that is to be edited, change the 3 different xml files to reflect this, then all of the NPCs that you have in the campaign! Then to top it off, probably all the monsters as well, due to the fact the monsters are using the same template as the NPCs. So you are talking about a major change in format here!

Suffice to say, if this is to be done, I would like to see the new stat block format introduced in the DMG 2 as the new NPC pages.

If someone wants to PM me, and share the tasks, I would be interested in making this request a reality! Thing is, I cannot do it alone! So this is a call to all of you XMLers in this community! A Call to ARMS! lets make this a reality!

Peace,
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Suffice to say, if this is to be done, I would like to see the new stat block format introduced in the DMG 2 as the new NPC pages.
    Shoot. I will have to look at that. I will confess that I bought the book and then proceeded to put it down after reading the first couple of pages. It wasn't that I wasn't interested but things just came up.

I will have to drag it out and take a look at the new block format...

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Not that this has anything to do with the d20 system, per se, but to add the NPC spell tab to the program, you need to first, create the graphic.
    Actually, no. The NPC-sheet uses a different way to actually show the fields than the character sheet. In the string- and numbercontrols you have the tag
    <frame name="controlarea" offset="0,0,0,0" /> that automatically creates a slightly brighter area around the control (it is actually a white but transparent png that is 'dynamically resized'). The offset tells the program how far edges is supposed to be from the actual text, or something like that.

That means that all you have to do is to increase the size of the NPC-sheet (which is also dynamically resized so all you need to do is to change the size in the codes) to make room for the new field and then add the fields.

Thread Information