STAR TREK 2d20

PFS: New Charecter rolls?

I am unaware of where this post is supposed to be. If this is the incorrect section please have a monitor direct me to the correct location and I will post there accordingly. I do not need to be bombarded by posters telling me how wrong or how terrible of a person I am for posting improper material in an unauthorized section.

With that said I am trying to set up a character sheet for future games and would like some advice on how to do so. I am relatively new to the site. Just made my subscription purchase to this site today. Wohoo. Anyways any advice is greatly appreciated and welcome.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Donnie - on the splash screen their is a manage characters option. Choose your ruleset - Pathfinder and then go to Library and Modules Activation to get access to the included resources. There are also some wiki guides and of course having the Pathfinder rules handy will help.

And here's a link to the wiki guides that damned mentioned:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/User_Guides

And video tutorials in the wiki:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mda0013 View Post
    I am unaware of where this post is supposed to be. If this is the incorrect section please have a monitor direct me to the correct location and I will post there accordingly. I do not need to be bombarded by posters telling me how wrong or how terrible of a person I am for posting improper material in an unauthorized section.

With that said I am trying to set up a character sheet for future games and would like some advice on how to do so. I am relatively new to the site. Just made my subscription purchase to this site today. Wohoo. Anyways any advice is greatly appreciated and welcome.
    You are certainly in the right place. There are generally lots of helpful folks here... much more about helping out than beating down... (the only place to avoid posting is the 'Game Announcements Thread' that one is just for Game Announcements and goes out to EVERYONE... only post there if you are announcing a PFS session that you plan to run). I recommend subscribing to the Announcements Thread if you are interested in playing in PFS games.

If you are using HeroLab or PCGen to build/design your characters, there is a Character Converter (that should have been installed when you downloaded FG) that will assist you in setting up the basics of your character. If not, then it's mostly a matter of filling in the blanks. ALL of the real 'business' of your character will take place on the 'Actions' tab.. that's where you'll spend most of your time during a game. Weapons, Spells, and Effects can be set up there to be applied and used during combat. If you drag a weapon from one of the modules into your inventory, it will automatically setup the weapon on your actions tab as well. This weapon may need some tweaking to including things like 'weapon focus' or other enhancement & Feats... but the basics will be there. Spells & Effects all function through 'Spell Classes'. You can set up multiple spell classes to handle all sorts of different things. For a 'basic fighter' type I usually set up weapons and a spell class to handle the 4 basic effects for combat :
    Charge, Fighting Defensively, Flanking, and Total Defense.
    For spellcasters it is a bit more complex. Take a look at the Effects Wiki, it has a LOT of great information there. Most spells do NOT have the proper effects set up for them automatically when dragged from the modules. Farnaby's Module DOES have built in effects.. which is really cool... but it only goes up to level 4 spells currently. Setting up the Effects isn't hard once you have the terminology down... (it's all in the Effects Wiki).
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thank you all for your informative and rapid responses. I am actually interested in doing a psionics charecter. But let me read through this information first and go from there.

Blog Entries
    Anyone doing any Core stuff? I have a level 1 Paladin who's played in a couple Standard scenarios locally but I could make a Core version of him. I'm not really the min/max type and keeping track of all this stuff along with everything else in my life is just... yeah Core is probably less stress for me lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Anyone doing any Core stuff? I have a level 1 Paladin who's played in a couple Standard scenarios locally but I could make a Core version of him. I'm not really the min/max type and keeping track of all this stuff along with everything else in my life is just... yeah Core is probably less stress for me lol.
    We've been running a lot of CORE scenarios recently, but have moved a bit beyond 1st level games at this point. That said, if someone were to run a 1st level CORE starter game, I also have a character who needs some XP... once I play one (so my character can actually get some play time before leveling) I'd be willing to run a few more.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information