5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Anyone here use PCGEN to make FG NPCs?

I'm curious if anyone has used the PCGEN output sheets with FG XML.

I'm just toying with the idea and would love to see a tutorial or some reflections on the process.

Anyone? Anyone?
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

I think it has been discussed. If I recall (and I haven't found the threads, so please forgive me) PCGEN originally had an FG1 export function, and an FG2 one was produced by the PCGEN community.

I believe there were two problems:
    • The PCGEN stuff can't be kept in sync, and there is no easy import other than cut-and-paste xml editing; and
    • Some PCGEN information isn't encoded but uses free-form text (spells spring to mind) so there was no clean way to convert them to FG2.

But then, I could have dreamed the whole thing...

Stuart

that would be another awesome tool for GMs trying to run a fast/or not adventure/campaign =)
    urge to kill rising

Blog Entries

XML outputsheet for Fgrounds 2

Here is one I found. With a slight amendment i made..as it was for a specific ruleset. It also adds spells.

You need to paste the resulting xml code into your db.xml file in your campaign folder, in between..the tags

<charsheet idcounter="9">
    <id-00001>(the ID number can be 2,3,4 etc
    ....paste here )
    </id-00001>

Thanks trevorgall.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Sheet confusion

Just getting started running games, and I'd like to know more about the PCGen character sheet. The file you insert, is this a new character sheet akin to what PCGen would produce? How do you get the character data into the program from PCGen?
    --Dale--

You cut an paste the XML the converter generates into the XML of the campaign you are running or the local character list.

Got it

Okay, Griogre. When I get my computer out of hock (had to send it in for repairs), I hope to get back to my XML converter program that builds xsl files to convert automatically. The first xsl will be to convert RPPXplorer to/from Fantasy Grounds. The next is to take a character from the local file to the db file and vice versa.
    --Dale--

Thread Information