5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

[BUG] Minor Issues Noticed

Hey folks! I am setting up a game and I have noticed 2 issues:

1) I'm using a dual monitor set up with extended displays. No matter which monitor I have FG open on, if I maximize the FG window it moves to which ever monitor I have set as the "Primary Display" in my display settings. I'm not sure what would cause this behavior. It is a non-issue for me because I just told my computer which display I want to be "primary" and my player version of FG doesn't need to be maximized, IF I even have it open any way. I just thought I should report the odd behavior.

2) I found a typo in the D&D 5E PHB module. In the Backgrounds, the Ideal Table for Folk Hero has two entries labeled with the number 3 and skips the number 4. No big deal, but if you roll on the table inside FG and get the result of a 4, it does not recognize the entry. A minor issue, but again, just thought I needed to report it.

Thanks for a great product! Keep up the good work!

1) This is a known limitation - don't maximize FG, but stretch it over the two monitors.

2) Please report in 5E bug thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5E-Bug-Reports Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    1) This is a known limitation - don't maximize FG, but stretch it over the two monitors.

2) Please report in 5E bug thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5E-Bug-Reports Thanks.
    Thanks Trenloe!

As for the dual monitor issue, I'm not trying to "stretch" the interface across both monitors. I have mine set up with PLENTY of space on my 40' tv. What I was reporting was that regardless of which monitor FG is minimized on, if I then maximize the window it moves to the designated "primary monitor" per the display settings in Windows. I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night and I don't remember FG exhibiting this behavior on Windows 8.1. I could have FG minimized or maximized on monitor 1 or 2 without a problem. Again, it is a non-issue for me, but it might be for others.

I will go and report the 5E typo at the other link... Thanks again!

Ah, sorry. I thought you were trying to maximise across two monitors. Yeah, the Windows 10 primary monitor issue has been noticed before too. No work around has been found at this point (other than not maximising but resizing within the window, which loses some real-estate or changing the primary monitor).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by wthrasherb View Post
    Thanks Trenloe!

As for the dual monitor issue, I'm not trying to "stretch" the interface across both monitors. I have mine set up with PLENTY of space on my 40' tv. What I was reporting was that regardless of which monitor FG is minimized on, if I then maximize the window it moves to the designated "primary monitor" per the display settings in Windows. I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night and I don't remember FG exhibiting this behavior on Windows 8.1. I could have FG minimized or maximized on monitor 1 or 2 without a problem. Again, it is a non-issue for me, but it might be for others.
    I, too use Windows 10 and can maximise FG in whichever display it is situated in when the maximise is pressed. Perhaps we have set up our displays differently.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I think wthrasherb wants to have a maximised GM session on one screen and a maximised Player session on the other. This is one of those things that the older game engine just cant do...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I think wthrasherb wants to have a maximised GM session on one screen and a maximised Player session on the other. This is one of those things that the older game engine just cant do...
    Interesting. I can have a maximised DM screen on one monitor and a maximised player screen on the other. Am I just weird or misunderstanding what the problem is here?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I do that all the time... On Windows 10, even.

Blog Entries
    hmmm - I can too.... just ignore my comment!

Yeah, I just drag the window to the monitor I want it on, and "snap" it to the top, and it goes full screen on that monitor.

Thread Information