5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Using

Using
    Is this possible?

I have a field in a different <windowclass> and that field needs to pull a value from the <windowclass> that hosts it within a <windowlist>.

Is this possible?

I am using just the name of the field for the source within windowclass inside the windowlist and it's not pulling any data in, if I move that same field outside of the windowlist into the main windowclass it works fine.

I've tried it all these ways:

<source name="dex-ocfdcf-adj" op="+" />
    <source name="..\..\dex-ocfdcf-adj" op="+" />
    <source name="\charsheet-main\dex-ocfdcf-adj" op="+" />
    <source name="charsheet-main\dex-ocfdcf-adj" op="+" />

but they all fail: :? (Apparently the source name isn't an XML path)

Thanks in advance!

I tried a couple of ideas that my ancient programming knowledge suggested to me but they all came out unsuccessful. :? The stuff that I tried was based on the theory that the entries in a windowlist are stored as subnodes within the node that is the character so I tried to separate the nodes by dots. So I have a windowlist called ItemList, and each individual subnode gets a unique number starting from 00001 so I tried different stuff like:

<source name="ItemList.00001.Weight" op="+" />

...and variants thereof. However they all came out as 0. Sorry that I can't help you on this point, but now that you brought up the question I'd be very interested in a possible solution since I realised that I could use this myself.

If I understand you, this may be simpler than that. Remember that your data sources are defined the base.xml, and that when you look at the database files, there's always a listed parent node beneath which are specific entries for monsters, spells, etc. The list and class data sources refer to those parent nodes ("spell" for instance). I think you can use those sources in any windowclass.

I'm pretty sure however that you can't reference those elements with file system references however since those references are fixed in the base.xml.

Am I hitting the main part of your question?

The windowlist and windowclass are all defined in the charsheet.xml file. What I attempted to do was have a weapons section of my charsheet, that used a window list to add as many weapons as the player wanted. Part of the calculation of the Offensive Combat Factor uses a few source elements that are in the charsheet-mail windowclass, but apparently, it's not possible to source a value from a field outside of the windowclass being used in a windowlist.

I fixed my problem by just hardcoding in 4 weapon slots. (Which in reality is more than any player should need) I would have liked to keep it dynamic, but it's all good.

I'm finally 'done' with my ruleset, which is a huge relief. I thought it would take a week, but it only took be about 6 hours. 8)

Thread Information