FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 61 First 12341252 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I have a 5e module of a few different story entries that I created by exporting the module from the campaign. It worked for my players in the previous version, but not fully in this version. When my player loads the module, while connected to my server (I have given the green checkmark to this module so they can load it on their end), then looks at their story entries they are all titled "<< New Story >>" instead of having their actual titles. On my screen, as the GM, when I load the module I see the actual titles.
    I take it all of your players were running on the test channel as well? i.e. they'd updated to v3.2.0 test and weren't running v3.1.7 live?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Strange behavior with the groups dropdown... If I try to delete a group that DOES have items in it, it removes all the items from the group (so they show up when "None" is selected for the group), but doesn't actually delete the group. I can't delete the group at all at that point, and when I click the + button to add a new group, that's when it finally gets deleted (in addition to actually adding the new group). So it's like the group is sort of in a limbo state where it does and doesn't exist all at once... Here is an error message that pops up sometimes when trying to replicate this behavior:

"Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:122: updateChildCategory: Unable to locate original category in parameter 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I take it all of your players were running on the test channel as well? i.e. they'd updated to v3.2.0 test and weren't running v3.1.7 live?
    That is correct, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I have a 5e module of a few different story entries that I created by exporting the module from the campaign. It worked for my players in the previous version, but not fully in this version. When my player loads the module, while connected to my server (I have given the green checkmark to this module so they can load it on their end), then looks at their story entries they are all titled "<< New Story >>" instead of having their actual titles. On my screen, as the GM, when I load the module I see the actual titles.
    OK, I think I have something else related to this, I'm not sure what exactly is going on... but here goes my attempt at explaining it:

I, as the DM, have the PHB shared, and Item: Identification set to "ON". My player loads the PHB module and click "Items", and their list is loaded with hundreds of items that all have the name "<< New Item >>".

If I then set Item: Identification to "OFF", *and the player then must disconnect from my server and reconnect*, then when they open the items screen again, it will have all of the item names visible instead of saying << New Item>>.

Also, a side note, this is odd and was not the case in the last official update that I had installed previously... All the items in the 5e PHB module "Equipment" sections, in other words if I click Library -> DD PHB Deluxe -> Equipment -> (Any Subcategory), and then whenever I select an item, any item, for example Armor -> Leather ... the weight field is blank. Weight is blank for every single item in all categories that I have noticed. But if I drag and drop to a character's inventory, in the inventory it DOES have the correct weight. Also every single item in the PHB appears in the campaign record "Items" screen, with no group set. Is that supposed to be the case? When an item is clicked in this area, it brings up a different window for the item than when clicking on it from the library's equipment selection screen, and in this area it's window WILL have the correct weight.

Very odd.

Hopefully some of this info is helpful to you guys for the testing. That's the purpose, yeah?

I must say prefer the old Category Tabs to the new Group function - at least from a "look and feel" point of view - its taken some colour and interest out of the interface, and made it drab. What about the idea of having the old Category Icons and Banners attached/associated to the new Groups somehow.

And the Group area is too small / not high enough - its hard to see/work with
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    I must say prefer the old Category Tabs to the new Group function - at least from a "look and feel" point of view - its taken some colour and interest out of the interface, and made it drab. What about the idea of having the old Category Icons and Banners attached/associated to the new Groups somehow.

And the Group area is too small / not high enough - its hard to see/work with
    I don't fully agree or disagree. The new groups feature is preferable from a quick attempt at using it so far... It's definitely more capable, I think. It's the future, where development should focus. But I agree with the idea that it's not really there yet visually. The interface could use some work to be more friendly and attractive, but overall I already think the functionality is easier. I definitely love the new "All" group that lets me see a big giant list with everything. As far as I was able to figure out from the previous version, that never seemed possible before.

Another issue I just discovered that I think could use a fix:

When I share an object with my players, it doesn't retain its group on their client. So if I have a group of images called "Character Portraits" and I share each portrait with my players, they don't show up in a group called "Character Portraits" for them, just in the big list of "All" (and with group "None"). I think it would make sense to have clients receive shared objects along with the group name that the host has assigned them to. After all, if the host wanted to organize it in that way, it would make sense for it to appear organized in that same way for the players. At least, that's what my instincts were telling me as I was playing around with it tonight, and the fact that it doesn't show up with the corresponding group for my players was frustrating.

And on top of that, there was also the idea that I should be able to make an entire group shared or not. Again, back to my Character Portraits group, I wanted my players to have access to all of these items so they could choose one for their character. I had to open each one, right click on it, and then click "Share Sheet", which then opened it up on my players' views. For each and every individual object! That is extremely tedious and annoying for them having window after window after window open up. If I could share from the list view without opening it, that would not only be faster, but also I think it would be nice if we could share from that view (AKA the object is not open on our own screen) and therefore it wouldn't open up automatically on the players' client either. They'd only see it if they opened up their images campaign record and perused what was available to them in there. And having the ability to take an entire group and set all items inside as shared (or revoke shared) with one action, that would be very convenient as well.

Hopefully these suggestions can come into play some day

Also, the Help Button on the ItemList Window appears to be sitting too high in the 4E Ruleset - there may also be other examples of this on other windows
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Now that I've done some porting of the new changes over to Unity build for Carl, I'm back to investigate the first set of reports.

viresanimi
    • The missing ruleset file message means that your VtM ruleset is trying to include the "campaign/campaign_story.xml" file. In the last version of CoreRPG, that file was also in the base ruleset, so it would just fall through and load the same file twice. That file has been removed from CoreRPG, so that includefile tag just needs to be removed from VtM ruleset also.
    • Thanks for the script error details, and the excellent suggestion to drop down on clicking the current group.
    • Adding the new record to the default location was as planned to allow copies to be made of module data, but I can see that when making new content, it would be a pain. We'll try it with the group of newly added records set to the current group.

callahan09
    • I'll be looking into all of the non-speed issues today and tomorrow.
    • For the slow load, this is a trade-off with adding this feature and holding off for a complete redesign. Due to the way that the engine currently works, it won't matter what the category is set to by default, the load time will still occur. It should still only occur the first time, and not any subsequent opens (until the next session). The adventure modules are the most intensive in their number of entries, so having more than a couple will definitely slow down the initial loads. Is there a particular reason why you have 4 adventure modules open at once, other than the off chance you'll need one of the old entries handy? With all that, I'm hoping to find some optimizations in the future, but we are hampered a bit my the current architecture.

dulux-oz
    • Thanks for the help button note. I'll look into it.
    • On the colorfulness issue, I agree with you. However, the categoryselectioncontrol was never built to be used for what we are using it for. If you have more than 2 or 3 groups, it becomes unwieldy to display and use. Plus, the UI was very unintuitive for most people. I knew going into this that we would sacrifice some flavor for what we feel is a much bigger ease of use and functionality gain. I'm going to keep my eyes open for opportunities to lighten this up, but we were already heading in this direction with Unity as well for the same reasons. In fact, this version is pulling down several changes I had already queued for Unity build.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Now that I've done some porting of the new changes over to Unity build for Carl, I'm back to investigate the first set of reports.

viresanimi
    • The missing ruleset file message means that your VtM ruleset is trying to include the "campaign/campaign_story.xml" file. In the last version of CoreRPG, that file was also in the base ruleset, so it would just fall through and load the same file twice. That file has been removed from CoreRPG, so that includefile tag just needs to be removed from VtM ruleset also.
    • Thanks for the script error details, and the excellent suggestion to drop down on clicking the current group.
    • Adding the new record to the default location was as planned to allow copies to be made of module data, but I can see that when making new content, it would be a pain. We'll try it with the group of newly added records set to the current group.

callahan09
    • I'll be looking into all of the non-speed issues today and tomorrow.
    • For the slow load, this is a trade-off with adding this feature and holding off for a complete redesign. Due to the way that the engine currently works, it won't matter what the category is set to by default, the load time will still occur. It should still only occur the first time, and not any subsequent opens (until the next session). The adventure modules are the most intensive in their number of entries, so having more than a couple will definitely slow down the initial loads. Is there a particular reason why you have 4 adventure modules open at once, other than the off chance you'll need one of the old entries handy? With all that, I'm hoping to find some optimizations in the future, but we are hampered a bit my the current architecture.

dulux-oz
    • Thanks for the help button note. I'll look into it.
    • On the colorfulness issue, I agree with you. However, the categoryselectioncontrol was never built to be used for what we are using it for. If you have more than 2 or 3 groups, it becomes unwieldy to display and use. Plus, the UI was very unintuitive for most people. I knew going into this that we would sacrifice some flavor for what we feel is a much bigger ease of use and functionality gain. I'm going to keep my eyes open for opportunities to lighten this up, but we were already heading in this direction with Unity as well for the same reasons. In fact, this version is pulling down several changes I had already queued for Unity build.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you for your attention to all of our comments. I was curious, will the eventual unity build be cross-play compatible with people running the non-unity build?

5E Module opening or closing in the library cause a HUGE delay and the window to resize then not respond for 30s - 1min for each module (tested official modules only, new campaign no data added). Never had similar issue with any of these modules before.

Some monsters are getting pulled without applying their group, worst offender is the Monster Manual, only a handful are actually grouped into Monster Manual creatures (pictured) https://puu.sh/pn2jA/2f7c9985e3.jpg
    Also some monsters are being added to NPC list twice, one with group, one without. example in picture here https://puu.sh/pn26B/3ee3892dc7.jpg monsters from module "Monster Collection" are showing twice, closing the module removes both and reopening shows both again. This is again on a fresh campaign since 3.2 test version

Also, duplicate monsters available from modules and monster manual, not sure if this can ever be addressed, but I wonder if something could be made similar to the library's select-an-input could work for showing things you want rather than just ONE group at a time as a drop down?

Thread Information