STAR TREK 2d20

Not sure this is a bug or just me !

Is anyone else having a parse issue when adding a monster to the CT - sometimes certain creatures damage adds lots of dice to the roll between adding the stat block and going in the tracker.

example - Stat block from the MM for the Balor - Longsword +14 to hit, 3d8+8 damage +3d8 lightning
    In the CT - Longsword +14 to hit, 3d8+8 damage +133d8 lightning damage - it added 130 d8 !!
    same for the whip - added 100 d 6

Have seen it on a number of monsters, including Salamander - additional fire damage from spear and tail being +30 and 70 d6

it doesn't seem to be main damage attack, but when there is an additional damage to the weapon - fire, lightning etc ...any thoughts ?

Mav
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

There was a problem with this kind of thing but as far as I know it was all fixed. In fact in my copy of the MM the particular example you give is working correctly. The problem was as far as I can remember the use of a '+' sign in the stat block. Again as far as I can remember all of the '+''s were changed to 'plus'. However I see the Balor is still a '+' - but it works correctly. Can you do a couple of things; first open up the MM in a brand new campaign without any extensions and see if the problem exists there. Second can you right click over the MM in your library folder (open library open the MM and right click over it there) and if you get the option in the radial menu select 'revert changes' and then check to see if that has fixed the problem.

EDIT; The Salamander is however wrong and I will report it. To fix it remove the space between the '+' and the '3' so that it reads +3 (1d6) fire.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; June 3rd, 2016 at 19:26.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This is a good way to see which players are paying attention.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Hi Zach

Opening in a brand new campaign with no extension, does indeed seem to fix the problem.

I cant 'revert changes' there doesn't seem to be an option for me on the right click radial menu, just a close window one I'm afraid

ADDENDUM - Not sure if this for all issues.. but after a bit of trial an error it appears the 'Effect Targeting Enhancement' extension is the culprit

Would be good to see if anyone else get this to work, or not work in this case
    Last edited by Mavrik6666; June 4th, 2016 at 09:36.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik6666 View Post
    Hi Zach

Opening in a brand new campaign with no extension, does indeed seem to fix the problem.

I cant 'revert changes' there doesn't seem to be an option for me on the right click radial menu, just a close window one I'm afraid

ADDENDUM - Not sure if this for all issues.. but after a bit of trial an error it appears the 'Effect Targeting Enhancement' extension is the culprit

Would be good to see if anyone else get this to work, or not work in this case
    You are correct. I just tested the Balor - which works fine from the MM for me but when I add in the Effect Targeting Extension and then add a Balor to the CT I get the error. Nice spot - I'll post something on that extension's thread and see if the author can have a look.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information