5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    We didnt do a FGDaze as GamerGeekend was coming up this month but I just got word yesterday that this has been pushed back.
    I was *just about to* start exploring dates for FGDaze. FGDaze doesnt require much lead time - how does Sat 11th or Sat 25th look?
    I'm more likely to run something (and something with more quality) with more lead time. (Of course, I could always play.)

I'm planning to do a one-shot DramaSystem game using background characters from Vikings (the History Channel TV show, which arguably has the most righteous opening credits sequence ever...) This would be a fun, compelling taste of the DramaSystem's unique approach to gaming--but I probably couldn't prepare it in June.

That said, charge ahead with the timing that works best for the most people.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    Wait?? Scotsmen even know what a calendar is?

Since it was Jolly that started this, the 25th might be better for him.
    Indeed it would be!

I'd like to run a game this FG con whenever it is assuming I remember when we're having it this time. Possibly Mutant: Genlab Alpha.

I'm rather new here, what is the difference between FGDaze and FG Con?

Blog Entries
    FG Con is the bi-annual big event that spans over a weekend.
    FG Daze is a more casual event we schedule a few times a year for a Saturday using the FG forums.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Are they both the same where there are no license restrictions and a bunch of people will DM for everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Are they both the same where there are no license restrictions
    There will be no change to licenses. Players will need a standard license if the GM has a standard. The usual option of the 30 day free trial is there for new players to play for free.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    and a bunch of people will DM for everyone else?
    Yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There will be no change to licenses. Players will need a standard license if the GM has a standard. The usual option of the 30 day free trial is there for new players to play for free.

Yes.
    Since these events are intended to build the community, I also think the following should be required registration information:

Astrological sign:
    Favorite album as a teenager:
    Do you like long walks on the beach?
    Who I think is more mighter (check one): Conan or the Predator.

Actually, joking aside, it might be nice to register player/GM interests plus timezone and schedule availability, to help with game recruitment. If this info is already captured somewhere on the forums, I'm not aware.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Looking forward to the 25th!

I just found out about this tonight, and was considering opening up recruitment for a second instance of my dungeon crawl earlier this morning. It seems the perfect time for a free for all, play to apply scenario for folks to vie for a slot in my upcoming campaign. I've worked up a recruit thread elsewhere for the campaign, but I will set aside tomorrow to get some pre-made's started for folks who just jump in to try it out. Work on a thread here for the actual FG-Daze event.

I'm new here, and new to FG, so will be good to just jump in I think and make the best of the FG-Daze event. Will be a chance for players here to get to know me perhaps, and for me to invite folks from elsewhere who might be curious about FG to try out FG expanding your user base.

Thread Information