STAR TREK 2d20

Creating tables in Notes, Items, etc...

First sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask this.

I am writing notes that essentially contain basic rule information for my custom rule set. I see there is the ability to add tables to the notes or even to the description fields in item creation. What I want to ask is this. How do I create multiple columns within the table? As it is now I seem to only be able to make a single column. There has got to be a way to have lets say 5 rows, and 2 columns. Adding rows is simple... just hit ENTER to create a new line or row, but how can I split that single column into multiple? I hope someone can help me here.

Thanks in advance.
    John

See the last three entries in the shortcut keys table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields

Also, as a recommendation, put info such as this in Story entries, not notes. Notes are designed for players to use during a specific campaign, Story entries are for the GM to put information together and share with the players when needed. One of the advantage of Story entries is that they can be exported into a module and used in other campaigns. I would imagine you'd want to do this for your custom ruleset information.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Damn!

I was just coming back to the forums to ask if it would be possible to add TABS to the Notes section like in the Story or Item sections. The whole reason I was making the rule info under notes was because I figured thats where the rules would go as Story seemed to be for an adventure story. Sadly, I was wrong and thank you so much for the advice as what you mentioned about exporting the rules to other modules, etc... is exactly what I was planning for. While I wasted an hour so far making rules its not too bad. I tried dragging the notes over to the Story entries but it won't allow it. Copying the data and pasting it into a new Story Entry works soemwhat but any formatting is lost such as Bold characters, and I think listings also.

Oh well, let me go read that link you posted.

Thread Information