DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

Changing Proficiency Bonus not possible?

I tried CTRL scrolling and typing and any number of things to look how to change a PC's Proficiency Bonus... Not possible? Would like to have a ZERO level character with a +1 Proficiency only.

What can I do except have everyone put in a -1 modifier every time they roll anything. I suppose I could automate it with a crazy:

ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1;

I think I just answered my own question, but is there an EASIER way?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Yeah, the proficiency bonus can not be overriden on the 5E character sheet, so your best option right now is to use an effect like you mentioned.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    OK, thanX!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Are their any plans to add the ability to change the proficiency bonuses? For example, to allow for custom classes with a custom proficiency bonus scheme?

Given that there are not any official rules I'm aware of that modify the proficiency bonus, it's not something that we would build into the 5E ruleset.

If someone wanted to build this capability, it would need to be done with an extension which would modify the ruleset to allow those changes. The changes you're suggesting (per class override) would work differently than original poster's request.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Isn't there an optional rule in the DMG?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Moon Wizard: Thanks for the reply.

JohnD: Yes. There are optional rules in the DMG. Not specifically what I am looking for, but there are options listed there.

You can manipulate proficiency bonuses in some respects by using Effects. For example ATT: [-PRF] will remove the proficiency bonus of a PC when they attack; similarly SAVE: [-PRF] will remove it from saving throws. If you want more then just add a permanent effect to the PC; CHECK: 1 effectively gives the player a +1 bonus to any checks.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can manipulate proficiency bonuses in some respects by using Effects. For example ATT: [-PRF] will remove the proficiency bonus of a PC when they attack; similarly SAVE: [-PRF] will remove it from saving throws. If you want more then just add a permanent effect to the PC; CHECK: 1 effectively gives the player a +1 bonus to any checks.
    Thanks Zacchaeus. I will play around with that this weekend! If I can’t figure out how to apply the effect, I might post here again for help.

Blog Entries
    When I wrote Unkown Whom, I needed PCs to have a proficiency of 1, so I created this effect. You can manipulate it to create any proficiency changes.

Proficiency 1; ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Thread Information