DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding Finesse property to Quarterstaff

Hello.

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds. I own the Fantasy Grounds standard license and the D&D 5th Edition Complete Core Class Pack.

I'm playing a character who, based on the nature of his martial training, is able to use a quarterstaff as though it were a finesse weapon.

From my library I dragged the quarterstaff item onto my character sheet, which added it to my inventory. I then clicked the little red shape next to quarterstaff (I'm not sure what that shape is supposed to be...maybe a dragon head?), which caused a pop-up window to appear with the quarterstaff information. I then clicked on the black padlock item to unlock editing. Under Properties it said: "Versatile (1d8)". I manually changed it say: "Finesse, Versatile (1d8)".

However, under my character's actions, when the quarterstaff is equipped as a melee weapon it does not add in my character's dexterity modifier for attack and damage. How do I make that happen?

As a related side question, how do I tell Fantasy Grounds that my character is using the quarterstaff two-handed so I get the d8 damage instead d6?

Thank you in advance for any information.

CNYGamer99

The Finesse property is only examined when a weapon is first added to your PC sheet, and the ability is selected at that time when the weapon entry is created (Base if Strength is higher, or Dex if Dexterity is higher). If you change after the weapon is added, you'll need to adjust the ability used for attack/damage manually in the weapon record on the PC sheet.

Any adjustments to the damage dice for using a weapon two-handed will need to be made manually by adjusting the weapon record on the PC sheet.

Regards,
    JPG

As Moon Wizard says it's when the weapon is added to the character that the magic happens. The easiest way to do what you want is for your DM to create the weapon for you. Get him to make a copy of the weapon in the Items tab; make the adjustments to the properties and damage that you want and then drop it into your inventory and the action tab will be updated with all the correct information. Some more information here about weapon creation.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information