FG Spreadshirt Swag

GM Guide or tutorials?

I've never played Mutants and Masterminds before, but some friends were interested in superhero roleplay, so I picked it up. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get anything done though (character creation, NPC creation, etc...). I see that it comes with the Hero's Handbook, but when I look at it in the Library, it seems nothing but a collection of various tables. Is there a GM guide for M&M?

There is over at Green Ronin but it is not converted here. https://greenroninstore.com/collecti...rs-guide-print

Running M&M for Fantasy Grounds is not as simple and easy as running 5E. I have not seen a tutorial on YouTube or any FG live play examples. I think you'll have to do some IRL play and them use that as a springboard into building out the ruleset. Surfing the forum will give you some context and ideas to work from.

I have read the base ruleset in print. It's a great game. The FG module just needs a ton of personal investment to use well as a GM.

The biggest hindrance is that there are no pre-prepared modules. The ruleset is actually quite nice; yes there is room for improvement but overall it is well done. The 5e ruleset has a lot of modules for sale which come with maps, NPC's, story text, encounters, etc... that you have to manually create as the DM for the M&M ruleset. It isn't really hard to do this, mind you, just time consuming which is why the 5e ones cost money.

Also, this ruleset has not yet been updated to the FG 3 core, so any new functionality from the FG3 core is unacceptable.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...php?groupid=62
    Come and join our group if you want to.

Thanks for the info!

I picked up copies of the GM's guide and Player's Handbook. Looking forward to trying this out.

Thread Information