Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 36 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Ok, so I tried this extension out for a session of the 5e game I am running. I turned it off for the following session and OMG the players were so upset. They made me restart and turn the extension back on. All our encounters now begin with everyone chuckling at the names.

So I have to thank you, Tideturner, for your work on this extension. We love it and it is something I have to use whether I like it or not.

Great job!
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Much the same here. Despite an occasional misspelling, I think my players would revolt if I quit using this.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

It does spoil the mood in a horror game, but overall it is a great mod.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    It does spoil the mood in a horror game, but overall it is a great mod.
    You can go in and edit the lists - you have to go into the code but its pretty straight forward.
    I too love this extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Ok, so I tried this extension out for a session of the 5e game I am running. I turned it off for the following session and OMG the players were so upset. They made me restart and turn the extension back on. All our encounters now begin with everyone chuckling at the names.

So I have to thank you, Tideturner, for your work on this extension. We love it and it is something I have to use whether I like it or not.

Great job!
    Haha, thank you so much
    You obviously have very wise and handsome players.

Stormhound, I'm not a native speaker, but I'll run it through a spellchecker at some point. Thanks for pointing it out.

GavinRuneblade, yeah the extension does lean towards silly as mentioned a few posts back.
    I would love to have a "serious" option, but have not come up with a good idea for how to do that yet. Hopefully some day

I play with all military and vets, who have a very adult sense of humor. After the first trial with this I altered the lists in the script, addingnew categories, maybe a few hundred new descriptions and thus making for possibly thousands of new combinations. Many, many of which, are NSFW- great for grown up chuckleheads.

It’s a fan favorite. Some of the combinations we’ve seen are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS and are really fun to incorporate into combat descriptions.

A++ on this work good sir.

oh man, I am loving the idea of a NSFW version
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You can go in and edit the lists - you have to go into the code but its pretty straight forward.
    I too love this extension.
    I'm not prepared to go code diving. But my players accept it as it is and we all have fun. That's really how I know it is successful: that so many posts in this thread are saying their tables have fun with the mod.

GavinRuneblade, yeah the extension does lean towards silly as mentioned a few posts back.
    I would love to have a "serious" option, but have not come up with a good idea for how to do that yet. Hopefully some day
    Maybe a toggle in the options menu for set 1/set 2 and have set 2 be the serious ones? I dunno what is easy/hard since the thought of even looking at code makes me nervous about breaking something.

I have now tested the extension for the 3.3.7 release.

I have updated the extension with a few more flavors.
    I have also spellchecked and hope I've caught the most grievous mistakes. I mean, I hope I've caught all of them, but those grievous ones... oh man they had it coming.
    And following a campaign of discontentment, a vote of no confidence, a general strike and one particular instance of an NPC continually poking me and going "hey, hey, hey", I'v allowed zombies to wear clothes, have body parts and other flavors.

Top post updated with download link.

Regards,
    Tideturner

(Oh and JimSocks, do feel free to share your edits if you like. Still thinking on how I can get more do a "serious" flavor set and other types)

Blog Entries
    The zombies appreciate your efforts.

Good work.

Thread Information