DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 36 First ... 14222324252634 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
    Tried dropping the extension into my extension folder, and rebooting FGU. Can't find a field/place in Options where "You can set that percentage in the options panel." How do we enable this feature?
    Enable the extension on your load campaign screen. Once the campaign has loaded, go to the campaign options and scroll down to the bottom of the list - you should see the option there. If not, please provide the system log files - compile your logs from within the FG campaign using method 3 detailed here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...---Use-Chatbox Then attach the resulting ZIP file to this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you! Sorry for the NEWB question!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
    Tried dropping the extension into my extension folder, and rebooting FGU. Can't find a field/place in Options where "You can set that percentage in the options panel." How do we enable this feature?

Thanks,
    When you start the campaign, activate this extension. If not activated is options won't show in the game menu.

Is it alright to make feature requests for this extension?

I LOVE using this extension to dedupe a lot of the same creatures on the combat tracker that are the same type, but I've noticed it only detects that flavors need to be applied if there are multiple creatures with the same "name" field specifically, rather than the same Non-ID name if they're not identified. I'm running a module from Paizo where, for excellent game story, each troll has a unique name, but the players obviously don't know what they are. I've set all of these troll's Non-ID to "Ice Troll", but this extension doesn't detect these as being the same because each troll's "name" is already unique.

Would it be possible to augment this extension to detect if the creature's been identified or not and then use the relevant field? Not sure how easy or difficult it would be to tie into that, and it's only a minor inconvenience for me to deal with for the time being (I can add my own flavors to the CT once added).

Potentially another work around, have an option to flavor creatures even if they're the only "unique" ones on the CT, rather than flavoring 2+ of the same type instead.

Regardless, thanks for creating and maintaining the extension

Is there a known incompatibility with Combat Groups by SilentRuin? I'm using both extensions, and while Combat Groups works fine, NPC Flavors does not. The first NPC in a stack pulls a flavorful name, but the rest come into the CombatTracker as "NPC 1", etc. This is in 5e.

Quote Originally Posted by devilspork View Post
    Is there a known incompatibility with Combat Groups by SilentRuin? I'm using both extensions, and while Combat Groups works fine, NPC Flavors does not. The first NPC in a stack pulls a flavorful name, but the rest come into the CombatTracker as "NPC 1", etc. This is in 5e.
    I use Combat Groups all the time not having this issue. What are your settings for flavors?

40%, On, On, Default. Pretty sure I didn't change any of the settings, so it very well could be user error.

That means 40% flavor will be applied.

Try it at 100% see what happens.

just following up with this... and again, many thx for even taking a look...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post
    Thanks both of you.

I've bought SWADE now to take a look. Unfortunately not just a quick fix, so no update to the current version on forge.

However it doesn't seem to be a complicated fix either. I just have to change some assumptions I originally made. And since I've now bought the ruleset, and I'm reworking the extension anyway, I'll get support in for SWADE. Then we can test on Savage Worlds PF after that.

Thread Information