FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 36 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I like the idea but I think you may be overthinking this? Users should already have the percent setting they want as default, right? So all you really need is a way to turn this off for a Boss. You might just consider one check box to cause an encounter group to have 0 chance of flavor, or you could even just set things to have 0 chance of flavor when an encounter group only has 1 monster.
    I tend to agree with this. Myself, except for playing with it, I suspect I would either want a group to have no flavor (boss, solo, etc) default flavor chance, or all flavor (100 percent). More options than that won't hurt, but more than I would see myself using.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I like the idea but I think you may be overthinking this? Users should already have the percent setting they want as default, right? So all you really need is a way to turn this off for a Boss. You might just consider one check box to cause an encounter group to have 0 chance of flavor, or you could even just set things to have 0 chance of flavor when an encounter group only has 1 monster.
    You might be right. Right now no flavor is applied if there's only one of a type of NPC for that exact reason. I have found myself wishing it flavored some lone NPCs though. Like the Bugbear Chief in the screenshot for example. It's unique in the encounter, but not in the world.

The reason I'm thinking about the ability to set the flavor sets per NPC group is that the extension cannot possibly cover all the different NPC groups. For 5E I've only looked at MM and Tome of Beasts, and from those not even all types are covered. I don't know my monsters well enough for that. So the ability to turn OFF clothing for a beast NPC for instance. Or ON if you're playing a soccer mom suburbia campaign I guess

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Myself, except for playing with it, I suspect I would either want a group to have no flavor (boss, solo, etc) default flavor chance, or all flavor (100 percent). More options than that won't hurt, but more than I would see myself using.
    I like options myself, but am also aware that they clutter the view. Perhaps just a single toggle that goes "Default" > "OFF" > "100%" > "Custom". Where the ability to be super specific would only be shown in the "Custom" state.
    That way it wouldn't clutter too much in regular usage, but still provide fine control if needed?

I dunno. I'll consider. Thanks for the input

/Tideturner

I love the idea of the encounter window!!! I currently have a fight set up with some minor fiend types; imps, hell hounds, barbed devils and dretch. Currently, only the dretch is listed for having flavor but I'd love to not have to have all random things (current settings) for those that don't.

I have no idea if it would be possible, but for those that already have name types, can they come pre-selected, or is that asking for too much. I'm no code person, I just like using them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post

My idea here is that you can set chance at Default (as per general setting), None (don't want you carefully crafted eldritch evil to be Pleasantly shrimpy), or you can set a specific percentage for the individual NPC groups.
    The seven checkmarks represents the seven different sets that the extension can build flavors from:
    • Clothing (dapper baret)
    • Bodyparts (tattooed shoulders)
    • Hair (mangled pencil moustache)
    • Build (noticably short)
    • Behavior (bitter scream)
    • Fur (unmanageable fuzz)
    • Characteristic (broken nose)

Those seven checkmarks will probably be a small picture representing the flavor set, in an off / on state somehow. Hoping one of my graphic enabled friends can find time to help with that

Any thoughts on this? Changes? Additions? Good idea? Bad idea?
    DEFINITELY looking forward to this. I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to play with it.

Hi,

So I was going to upload the bug fix and data for NPC types for a 2E / PF1 build some time ago.
    But wouldn't you know it, I got stuck in a remote diner with a bunch of strangers and we had to fight off an alien invasion. Whattayagonnado!?.

With that taken care of, I have now updated the OP with a new version.
    In this version:
    - Bug fix for the settings displaying 10% flavor chance
    - Specific NPC type data for 5E, 2E and PF1 - All other CoreRPG derived rulesets use "humanoid" as flavor for all NPCs.

Not in this version:
    - That encounter fine control stuff. Haven't had the time to do that yet.

I'm not entirely sure if the extension stopped flavoring when the FG api change update came out a few weeks ago, but if that was the case I am sorry for the late response (blame aliens please, I am entirely innocent).

Stay flavored,
    Tideturner

Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post
    So I was going to upload the bug fix and data for NPC types for a 2E / PF1 build some time ago.
    But wouldn't you know it, I got stuck in a remote diner with a bunch of strangers and we had to fight off an alien invasion. Whattayagonnado!?.
    The government must be covering it up, cuz otherwise an alien invasion would have been all over the news. I'm glad you made it out alive!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Did the cows and Elvis make it out, too? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    The government must be covering it up, cuz otherwise an alien invasion would have been all over the news. I'm glad you made it out alive!
    Right... the government. Of course. Because we won.

Did the cows and Elvis make it out, too? :/
    In a way *picks teeth*

We've run into a strange issue. We have all sorts of problems targeting (map and combat tracker), unless we remove the parenthesis from all the names. I'm going to start the testing to see which combination of extensions is causing it but I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to remove the parenthesis and/or replace them with some other character?

Will this be moving into Forge?

Thread Information