STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Maps

Multiple Imaged require transparancy

Multiple images would be more generic but you'd really have to be able to lock smaller elements into a lower layer and, probably, embrace transparencies.

I can imagine that it might be a trick for some graphics cards. I imagine that layers in one file format is easier on the desktop. The program hits the layered image - resolves what can be shown with lots of expected internal organization - and then moves on. A pile of images would have to be given a Z axis value (somehow) and then built from back to front. A constructed image as a pile of varied formats would seem to be an invitation to ghosts, artifacts, and wierdness - althought thats just a guess.

Dunjinni seems to do ok as a stack of BMPs. The token system in FG seems to be pretty stable. I might be over cautious.

Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Multiple images would be more generic but you'd really have to be able to lock smaller elements into a lower layer and, probably, embrace transparencies.

I can imagine that it might be a trick for some graphics cards. I imagine that layers in one file format is easier on the desktop. The program hits the layered image - resolves what can be shown with lots of expected internal organization - and then moves on. A pile of images would have to be given a Z axis value (somehow) and then built from back to front. A constructed image as a pile of varied formats would seem to be an invitation to ghosts, artifacts, and wierdness - althought thats just a guess.

Dunjinni seems to do ok as a stack of BMPs. The token system in FG seems to be pretty stable. I might be over cautious.

Sig
    We had some weird token issues last night. Several people were seeing 'ghost' tokens of some of the player tokens. I could see things fine on my end and I didn't want to reboot since I'd have to setup the init tracker and stuff all over again.

rv

Thread Information