STAR TREK 2d20

Ultimate Equipment 2nd Printing Errata

FYI guys...

The second printing of Ultimate Equipment is out and an errata to go along with it.

Download the errata here:
    https://paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc/...mate-Equipment

Paizo forums discussion of the errata's impact to PFS here, including which items can be sold back at full price (due to them getting nerfed):
    https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2to8u?Ultimate-Equipment

HG, you'll be glad to see the gloves of reconnaissance go bye-bye!
    Last edited by bigboom; May 20th, 2016 at 06:55.
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

Thanks for this info, bigboom. Gotta say I have a number of builds that are negatively affected by this, because some of their items are now either nerfed or significantly more expensive. I'll have to go through them and make a note to have certain items sold and repurchased as I get a chance to play them.

Poor Logus just recently got hold of a Jingasa helmet hoping for his Fate's Favored trait to boost the Luck AC bonus. Looks like the merchant who sold it to him embellished quite a bit. It's only a deflection bonus now and the Crit-avoidance only works ONCE as opposed to once per day.

Another benefit to playing CORE, folks. Most of this stuff wasn't available anyway.
    Last edited by cmdisc; May 20th, 2016 at 07:54.
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Blog Entries
    Not quite sure why they chose this direction to nerf stuff... but certainly the Bracers of Falcon's Aim and the Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier were 'broken' as they were. I'm thinking they are now completely trashed and a waste of space... it would have been better to increase their cost to the price that they SHOULD be for the item that they are. By my calculations.. the Jingasa should be somewhere around 50,000 instead of 5,000 and the Bracers.. actually.. it's the spell that's broken here... the spell is essentially the same as 3 spells... so the bracers should be more like 38,000 for Keen Edge, Guidance, and Keen Senses rolled into one item.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I welcome these changes in regular play. Strong nerfing? Player pain and loathing? Maybe a little of both, but it seems like there is an open refund/rebuild policy for any PCs reasonably affected and modifications/errata are a dynamic process over time. The UE update must reflect a lot of paizo discussion (internal + feedback) - 4 years since 1.0? I don't have a problem with it and am glad to see the output of ongoing paizo review. I have generally avoided items like the Gloves, Jingasa and Slippers, so my PCs are not affected.

In particular, as bigboom hinted, I think the Gloves of Recon were too cheap (or broken), depending on perspective. As a GM, I look forward to a little more mystery behind doors and walls. Jingasa? One crit avoid per item life might be a bit extreme vs. 1st-level racial spells like Windy Escape. Luck vs. Deflection? Luck suited the item flavor. With no AC stacking and no other durable benefit, 5K won't recruit many takers. Given the limited gold in PFS, that 5K is probably better spent on other upgrades.

Thread Information