DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 163 First ... 1353616263646573113 ... Last
    This comes up every so often (especially with people new to the DOE: Sound) so let me explain things in detail - there is an option in the FG Options to turn "Sound" On or Off, which defaults to "Off" in a new Campaign (or when the DOE: Sound is first installed - which effectively is a new (Sound) Campaign anyway). The reason this Option exists and the reason it defaults to "Off" is to prevent any Windows and FG Errors from being displayed by a PC without Syrinscape installed (or whatever the SoundEntry URL plays) when a Sound is played/triggered by any one of the other Players/GM that the person is gaming with.

In other words, all "Play Sound Commands" are sent to everyone and without this Option (and without it being turned "Off") if you don't have Syrinscape (or whatever) installed then your PC will throw up Windows and FG Errors.

So, remember to turn "On" the Sound Option if you have Syrinscape installed and you want to hear sounds, or "Off" otherwise.

I hope that helps explain things. If you've got questions then please ask (and/or RTFM )

Incidentally, Ben over at Syrinscape has said that up to three different devices can use the same Syrinscape License - so in a group of 5 players & the GM everyone can have Syrinscape sounds playing locally with only two Syrinscape Subscriptions. This is great for Text-Only games that still want to use sound, or for those with "troublesome" Internet Connections that can't handle a lot of bandwidth. BUT even so, I think we should show our appreciation for Ben and Syrinscape by each having a Subscription.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi Guys & Girls,

So its 21-Feb-2017 and I find myself in the position to be able to spend the next week or so on ensuring that the DOEs are working properly for people. In an effort to make my life easier in this, I'm going to ask you all to please post a message here about any outstanding Bugs you may have with this DOE (copies of this post are being made in each of the DOE Threads, so only post here about this DOE, please). However, before you do, please take a brief moment to read through any other Bug Posts made after this Post so that you're not telling me about something I've already been made aware of - sure, if you have further information, add it to the mix, but multiple posts about the same Bug are actually counter-productive - no "Me too" posts, please - thanks.

Also, just to spell things out explicitly, BEFORE you post a Bug could you please ensure that you have the latest Ruleset and Extensions (possible by downloading the Extensions again).

I'm going to use the Post # as the Bug Tracking # from now on, so if you do need to add information about a previously reported Bug, include the original Post/Bug # in your updated information - thanks.

Please note that this is about Bugs, not Desired Features (I'll probably do one of those "requests" requests later on).

If you do post a Bug, please include the following information:
    • The Ruleset you are using, including version numbers
    • A full list of any Extensions you have loaded, including versions numbers (where available)
    • If the Bug only occurs when a Module is loaded, the Module Name and version number (if applicable)
    • A detailed explanation of the Bug and how to reproduce it

I am already aware of the Bug(s) around ChatSounds and Multiple Triggers, as expressed in Post 611, plus the work needed to resolve Posts 580 & 595

So, let's see about making sure everything's working properly - your help and patience in this is appreciated.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

1. I wanna click buttons to play sounds from mini-boards. But when I click purple button, nothing happens. Is this normal?

2. When I export my module to open it in another campaign, all links does not works anymore, hovewer nothing in my computer is changed.
    Attachment 17990

1) Do you have Sounds turned On in the FG Options?

2) You can't export Soundlinks directly to a module - you need to export then indirectly via a MiniBoard (that's what they were designed for)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thank you! Turned "on" sound option and all works!
    I even do not need this links (#2) anymore because want use mini-board.

Hey dulux, I would like to see continued support for playing sounds from map pin. This is a great "feature" and I am not sure why you would want to intentionally deprecate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Hey dulux, I would like to see continued support for playing sounds from map pin. This is a great "feature" and I am not sure why you would want to intentionally deprecate it.
    Its not - its just that you can't subsequently Export them (the SoundLinks on a Map) to a Module. That's why I discourage people from using SoundLinks directly and instead recommend using them via MiniBoards.

While Soundlinks look and act like regular FG-Links, they aren't, and they don't Export directly, only indirectly via the MiniBoards. That's because the code to get them to work is over-written by the FG-Engine when they are re-imported. Remember that the FG-Engine is designed to work with Exported/Imported FG-Links, not the modified/special code that makes SoundLinks (and, incidentally, DOE: OLELinks) work.

BUT, by indirectly Exporting/Importing them via MiniBoards then the correct coding is preserved inside the MiniBoard and thus the SoundLink remain correct and working.

That's what I get for hacking a system and getting it to do things it was never designed to do - ie the FG Engine and regular FG-Links

So, use the SoundLinks directly on Maps if you want, but you won't be able to Export them and therefore I won't support them if you try
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Dulux, I believe this is a known issue related to the chatsounds you already identified, but in running the savage worlds rule set with no extensions other than the doe base and doe sounds, I am unable to have the second or third trigger recognized - the first will always trigger the sound.
    Last edited by Talen; February 21st, 2017 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Dulux, I believe this is a known issue related to the chats pounds you already identified, but in running the savage worlds rule set with no extensions other than the doe base and doe sounds, I am unable to have the second or third trigger recognized - the first will always trigger the sound.
    Yeap, I know about that one - thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10