FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 62 of 163 First ... 1252606162636472112162 ... Last
    I'm having some trouble with multiple triggers...

I have two chatSounds set up in the picture. Attachment 17960

I always hear the Miss sound. Never the hit. Hit, Miss, Nat 1, Nat 20, I get the same sound.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Also, I noticed that sometimes the output is in a different order... would that matter?
    Last edited by stewartl42; February 17th, 2017 at 19:07.

I wonder how hard it can be to create a script to populate the standard sound effects of Syrinscape. I am talking about just the free stuff you get without subscriptions. All those effects that you can associate with chat text, if we can manage to automatize the population of that table in FG we take off the major hassle from the whole setup because the voicemeeter part is actually pretty straightforward..

I just installed the extension and am very excited about the integration with Sirynscape. I already have a Syrinscape/Teamspeak3 setup working for GM sounds.
    After reading a few forum posts and even watching some videos I am still having issues with getting it working as I was expected. It is probably something on my side (read brain!) but for some reason I cannot get the chatsounds triggers or even miniboards to work in my campaign.

The sound-links will work when dropped on a map (pin) or as a link (icon) in text but cannot be played when I click the soundlink in the Sounds or a mini-board as I have seen in most videos.
    The chat triggers will not trigger at all. Dropping a sound-link in the chat will play the sound though if someone clicks the link in chatbox.

Here is a screenshot of my setup: Attachment 17978

Any help would be appreciated

Did you turn on "Sounds" in the Options windows?

Thanks a lot Andraax, so silly of me!

<Gets an eraser out and starts scrapping off his previous post from his screen>

Also to get chat sounds to play you may have to have a second instance of FG connected as a player to your GM/DM/host instance.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Also to get chat sounds to play you may have to have a second instance of FG connected as a player to your GM/DM/host instance.
    I've never had to do that.

Chat sounds are triggered only by chat messages that travel between client and host. Some of the chats messages that can be triggered by the GM fall into this category, but not all. Some can only be triggered from a second instance of FG, or a remote client/player.

For testing, yes. Not required for play, however.

Yes, there are a set of chat sounds you can get to work when only a single instance of FG is running.

Thread Information