5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 163 First ... 1151596061626371111161 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    This is just my first attempt on using this extension:

I've actually put some work on the code, every weapon has three different sounds when it hits and three different sounds when it misses, they are selected randomly and then played using OOB, not Chatsound. Also I'm not using Syrinscape at all.
    OOOOH, can you share the extension changes? I wanted to do something for random sound too

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    OOOOH, can you share the extension changes? I wanted to do something for random sound too
    Actually, that would be in violation of the License.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Actually, that would be in violation of the License.
    Even if I only shared my own code?

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    I didn't change the sound extension, I've put entries in the SW ruleset to trigger OOB messages, so it appears on the Autosound tab.
    Basically on the SW code when an attack is rolled, I make it check what weapon is being used, if it's a short sword, for example, I make it randomize between 1 and 3, and then it sends an oobmessage like "shortswordhit1" or "shortswordhit2". It also checks if it hits or misses in the code, so they are actually 6 different sounds for each weapon. So you get the idea what has been done.

I've still have to put some work on the npcs sounds when they get hit, it's still using chatsound but I don't know if I'm putting work on the code for it because I'm lazy and there would be too many npcs.
    Last edited by Dr0W; February 15th, 2017 at 12:06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Even if I only shared my own code?
    ..excerpt..
    You May Not:
    Modify this Program and/or the Accompanying Materials in any way, in full or in part, except for personal, non-commercial use.
    Distribute a modified version of this Program and/or the Accompanying Materials, in full or in part, to anyone else, without the expressed written consent of The Author.
    Distribute any part of this Program and/or the Accompanying Materials, in whole or in part, modified or not, except as specified under Section (4)(a)(iii), without the expressed written consent of The Author.
    Distribute any and all Content of this Program, in whole or in part, modified or not, except as specified under Section (4)(a)(iv), without the expressed written consent of The Author.

What damned said when he quoted the License.

(Thanks damned)

However, if its the SW Ruleset that you changed by getting it to send out new OOB messages, then that's OK, as long as there is nothing from any of the DOEs (or their content) - so no Chatsounds or AutoSounds, etc, but a new/modified Ruleset with new OOB messages is fine by me (I don't have to maintain it or worry about it - that's up to the original Ruleset author - cold-hearted, maybe, but I don't have the time to support other people's "stuff" )
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 15th, 2017 at 12:48.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I didn't mean to distribute my modified files or extensions. Just paste here the part of code I've added, just some basic LUA and how I've poorly implemented it. All my own code and none of the rulesets or extensions codes. Now I'm really curious, is it really in violation of the License if I were to just "This is the function I've created, and this is how LUA randomizes stuff"

Still, not a problem for me since he'd have to know what to do with the code, and if he does he can figure out what I did. I just found it really curious that if I share my code, and my code only, that would be violating the License. Thanks for letting me know

What SmiteWorks does with the licensing of their code and other Intellectual Property is up to them - I have no say in that except to repeat their instructions. I'm talking about my IP as it exists in the the form of the DOEs, which each come with a License stating pretty straight forwardly what is and is not allowed. As there is SmiteWorks IP included in the DOEs it's easier (ie less legally risky) for me to restrict the use of the DOEs and the content that they produce (etc) to private, non-commercial use only - this also makes it easier for me to control my IP as well.

Its also why I get permission off people to use any graphics they create and acknowledge the same in all copyright statements - basically I don't want anyone in the future coming back at me with a copyright violation law suite.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I'm not complaining, I just didn't really think it was against the License since I was sharing my code, not anyone else's.

Blog Entries
    In general with code that modifies an existing system, you can share new code or functions as long as you don't package it with the original code by another author. Providing a list of instructions is something that is commonly done.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    In general with code that modifies an existing system, you can share new code or functions as long as you don't package it with the original code by another author. Providing a list of instructions is something that is commonly done.
    Which was what I was going to do, just sharing my own function that has exclusively my own code with instructions on where to put it and how to customize it to one's own needs. But I'm not sharing anything if it's a problem.

Thread Information