DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 59 of 163 First ... 949575859606169109159 ... Last
    @sammyyp03 - please provide a screenshot of the chat window after you load up the campaign, we need to see all of the versions of the rulesets etc. you're running. This sounds like a version mismatch somewhere. The quickest way to checking that is for you to provide a screenshot of the chat window showing everything that is loaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @sammyyp03 - please provide a screenshot of the chat window after you load up the campaign, we need to see all of the versions of the rulesets etc. you're running. This sounds like a version mismatch somewhere. The quickest way to checking that is for you to provide a screenshot of the chat window showing everything that is loaded.
    Ok here you go Attachment 17820 Attachment 17821

So could you try it with nothing but the 5E Ruleset and the two DOEs, please - no themes, alternate decals, etc

And if that doesn't work, you could re-download the DOE: Base.
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 8th, 2017 at 07:13.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    So could you try it with nothing but the 5E Ruleset and the two DOEs, please - no themes, alternate decals, etc

And if that doesn't work, you could re-download the DOE: Base.
    Attachment 17822
    Tried it and i still get the same error

Ok so Weird. I deleted all my extensions, re downloaded them. It doesnt work on my current campaign but when i created a new 5e campaign it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by sammyp03 View Post
    Ok so Weird. I deleted all my extensions, re downloaded them. It doesnt work on my current campaign but when i created a new 5e campaign it works fine
    Yeah - there's a few people who have reported that - I don't know why its happening, so I don't know how to fix it (if its even in my areas to fix )
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 12th, 2017 at 03:57.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Yeah - there's a few people who have reported that - I don't know why its happening, so I don;t know how to fix it (if its even in my areas to fix )
    No worries. As long as we got it working

Any chance you can help me out? Everytime i try and make a chat sound i get this error box.

Attachment 17815

I only have the base and sound extensions on. Am i doing something wrong?
    Oddly, I've reproduced this error in one spot (only)--when I (attempt to) create a new Mini-List in the Mini-List tab of the OLE window (v1.3). My workaround is to create a MiniBoard in the DOE: Sound Extension (v3.0) and drag the OLE "Sound" links to there--which is working fine.

Here's a screen shot of my what I've loaded, for reference:

Ok so Weird. ... It doesnt work on my current campaign but when i created a new 5e campaign it works fine
    Also oddly, sammyp03's fix worked for me too -- creating a new campaign eliminates the error (while the old campaign retains the error--perhaps because it was created prior to the current versions of the DOE Extensions in question).
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; February 8th, 2017 at 10:18. Reason: Added more info on error and its work-around.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    Am wondering how hard (or if it's even possible) to make the triggers for sounds NOT case sensitive. The workaround is to make two versions of every word one capitalized and one not but was just wondering.

Also, if I understand correctly, if there are two triggers in a chat entry it will only use the first one. So in order to get two sounds off one entry, you have to make a sound trigger with trigger #1 and then a separate sound with trigger #1 and trigger #2.

Is that correct?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

The issue with case sensitivity is that some people want it case sensitive and some don't - and I'm still trying to come up with a way of allowing this.

And at the moment the logic behind multiple triggers isn't quite right => and that feeds into everything else - which means I'm working on it.

The issue is that the Chat Sounds are compared to the ChatString in an arbitrary order, so each one has to be compared and the "best" match returned. Historically the "best" match has been determined to be the longest (ie the one with the most number of characters). When we go to ChatSounds with multiple triggers we get situations where a single trigger 5 characters long is a "better" match than a ChatSound with two 2 character long triggers - but is this correct? And if the answer is "sometimes" then that's not good enough for a computer: computers don't do well with "sometimes" only with "yes" or "no".

So I'm working on it - people need to have a little patience (I am doing this for free, after-all)

And @Hector: That's not the way that the DOE: OLE and the DOE: Sound were designed to work, and I strongly encourage people NOT to do this (even though at the moment the DOEs allow this to be done) - just because you can drive down the freeway the wrong way doesn't mean you should - and don't be surprised if you receive very little sympathy from the police and the judge when you appear before them = "But your Honour, the car manufactures and the people who built the road didn't build their things to stop people from doing that"

And @Rob: no, that's completely incorrect - you will only ever get one ChatSound triggering of a single Chat String. There is no way to get two ChatSounds triggering off of one Char String. The multi-trigger ChatSounds were put in place to allow for those Chat Strings with a "wildcard-value" in the middle. What should happen with those ChatSounds is that BOTH/ALL the triggers need to match (in the order they are defined) for the ChatSound to trigger - but that's not happening now due to a bug.

Note that it is possible for a single action to cause two or more Chat Strings to be displayed, and thus get two or more ChatSounds to trigger (one per Chat String)
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 12th, 2017 at 04:17.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information