STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 163 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbylain View Post
    I am trying this out, I havent used syinscape before so this will be interesting to set up. I like the idea though. In the Sound Manual clicking on the link to "Linking teamspeak and syrinscape" doesnt take me to the expected page. it takes me

\https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...E_Sound_Manual

instead of

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...%26_Syrinscape
    That should be fixed now
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    One issue - The "Sounds" tab allows you to create new category tabs, but you can't drag a sound to the new category tab. It works OK in the Sound Setup tab, but not in the Sound Board tab.
    Hmmm - OK, I don't know what's going on but I'll get that sorted ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    One request - Any chance of allowing the sounds to be exported to a module please? I can see myself using this a lot and having a set of frequently used sounds in a module would be very handy.
    I've tried - unfortunately I can't get it to work. It's got to do with FG putting "@Module Name" at the end of every link, which breaks the Linking Sound String to Syrinscape - if we can come up with a way for FG NOT to put that suffix on the end or to strip it out somehow ourselves, then Exporting to Modules will be a simple thing to put back in - this is something I REALLY want to achieve but I think I'm going to need more than just my brain to do

Thoughts?
    Last edited by dulux-oz; May 10th, 2016 at 08:17.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Any chance you could supply a complete list of autosounds? I've been able to trigger a few (applyatk, applydmg, applysave, applyeff), are there others? Is it ruleset dependent?

Amazing job Dulux-oz! I've been just playing around with it for the last 30 minutes or so and I keep having these "WOW" moments.

Ok, finally after 3 or 4 downloads of the base extension, I did manage to get it working. Even re-downloaded all the extensions I had. Ended up going to the "Post 40" which then took me to the updated link page for the base extension. Not sure what was up with that. My attempts were done on this post. Huh. Oh well.

I had the issue with the red X until I delete the old versions of the extensions from my extensions folder. After that everything started working.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Any chance you could supply a complete list of autosounds? I've been able to trigger a few (applyatk, applydmg, applysave, applyeff), are there others? Is it ruleset dependent?
    It's ruleset-dependant - which is why I didn't put any of them in but allowed the autosound-system to "learn" them - and it also allows other devs to create new ones (as per the manual)
    Last edited by dulux-oz; May 10th, 2016 at 08:18.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    Oh, and just one thing to fix in the Wiki: On the DOE Sound Extension page, there's a link at the bottom called "Get the Extension: DOE Sound Extension Forum Page". It points to the Custom Pointers Coding Toolkit. It should be pointing to the DOE Sound Extension Page (that we're reading right now...).
    Fixed - that'll be a bottle of rum, thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Amazing job Dulux-oz! I've been just playing around with it for the last 30 minutes or so and I keep having these "WOW" moments.
    Thanks - I had a few of those myself putting this together - hence Post #3 of this thread
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    I've tried - unfortunately I can't get it to work. It's got to do with FG putting "@Module Name" at the end of every link, which breaks the Linking Sound String to Syrinscape - if we can come up with a way for FG NOT to put that suffix on the end or to strip it out somehow ourselves, then Exporting to Modules will be a simple thing to put back in - this is something I REALLY want to achieve but I think I'm going to need more than just my brain to do
    Could you provide me with a test DOE Sound extension that provides the functionality to export the relevant data to a module? I can then have a look and see if there is a way to get this working.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information