FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I have the Syrinscape app. They do have the official sounds for Waterdeep Dragon Heist. I was adding them one by one but noticed that the description for DOM SoundLink Library said they had all the fantasy Syrinscape links included to just drag and drop in the story lines. Maybe I just read it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wmljohn View Post
    I have the Syrinscape app. They do have the official sounds for Waterdeep Dragon Heist. I was adding them one by one but noticed that the description for DOM SoundLink Library said they had all the fantasy Syrinscape links included to just drag and drop in the story lines. Maybe I just read it wrong.
    In that case the module may well contain the sounds. I wasn't aware that there was an official Waterdeep sound set. (long time since I played with Syrinscape).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by wmljohn View Post
    Also, Welcome! to the Community!

The DOM:SoundLink Module contains all of the published Syrinscape Sounds/Soundsets from both the Fantasy and the SF Player, except for those published/released by Syrinscape since the 1st of the relevant month ie the August 2019 version of the DOM:Soundlink Module does not contain any Syrinscape Sounds/Soundsets relesed on or after 1st August 2019.

So yes, from memory there are tons of "Adventure Module" Soundsets for Patherfinder, Waterdeep, and D&D in general, plus others, released by Syrinscape in the last couple of years, and so likewise the SoundLinks are in the Library

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Dulux-Oz, Excellent news. I will have to look for them instead of recreating them all. Many thanks.

Hello All,

I plan on releaseing updates to all the DOE's and to the DORCore soon after FGv3.3.8 is released (this is a goal, not a promise). The new versions will be placed as a download on the first post of the relevant thread (as they were originally).

I have also removed all of the DOEs from GitHub - current versions of the DOEs can be found on the first post of the relevant Thread.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; July 23rd, 2019 at 06:14.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

In the thread poll, what does "OOB Messages" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDork View Post
    In the thread poll, what does "OOB Messages" mean?
    OOB stands for "Out of Band" Its a way for an extension to have the clients/host send messages to each other. It can be useful for many different things, for example, when you need a client to perform an action that only the host/dm has permissions to do, you can send an OOB message to the host and have the host perform the action.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    OOB stands for "Out of Band" Its a way for an extension to have the clients/host send messages to each other. It can be useful for many different things, for example, when you need a client to perform an action that only the host/dm has permissions to do, you can send an OOB message to the host and have the host perform the action.
    In actual fact, that is how the majority of actions/reactions occur within the FG-Engine - via OOB Messages flowing back and forth between the GM/Host and the PCs/Clients.

I found a way to "tap into" that flow and attach SoundLink Triggers to them. In v1 of the DOE:Sound that was pretty much the only way "automatic" sounds could be triggered. Now, of course, the most popular way is via the ChatSound-mechanism. The survey was asking if I should keep the OOB-mechanism of AutoSounds in with the ChatSounds - which I eventually did.

Incidentally, my Deadlands Classic Ruleset (in development) uses AutoSounds quite extensively, along with other, as yet unreleased, automatic sound generation methods. (Gawd, I luv being a tease)

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I read that!
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information