DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Yes, exactly.

Dulux-Oz I do not know if it is possible, or even how difficult it would be. but it would be nice if I dragged a sound to a push pin on my map, and when you hovered over the push pin, it had a tool tip with the name of the sound like it does encounters.

Yours is by far my favorite extension to Fantasy Grounds and I really dont know what being able to do this would entail. It would just be nice if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    Dulux-Oz I do not know if it is possible, or even how difficult it would be. but it would be nice if I dragged a sound to a push pin on my map, and when you hovered over the push pin, it had a tool tip with the name of the sound like it does encounters.

Yours is by far my favorite extension to Fantasy Grounds and I really dont know what being able to do this would entail. It would just be nice if possible.
    Because of the underlying way that the FG-Engine works, what you propose isn't really able to be done - it appears to work OK, but it causes errors later on.

However, you can drag a Mini-Board to a pin on a map - and on the Mini-Board you have the various Sound(s) you'd like for that encouter/whatever. That's the way I do it, anyway.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks for the answer. it is not a big deal anyway.

Alternately I have added to the wish list for colored Push Pins ( Fantasy Grounds, not you ) as that would also help

I need to experiment with the Mini-Board more, so far I have just had the sounds clickable in the story board mostly

Love it, Wish there were more free options for sounds. I mainly use it for the ooo's and aww's on crits/fumbles. I can't expect my players to pay for anything. I would, but everyone must have the syrinscape files. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Thanks

You are wrong

If you have the subscription - they can hear all your sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decorated Man View Post
    Love it, Wish there were more free options for sounds. I mainly use it for the ooo's and aww's on crits/fumbles. I can't expect my players to pay for anything. I would, but everyone must have the syrinscape files. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Thanks
    The players do not have to have syrincsape. there are numerous posts about it, but it is absolutly possible to have just the DM with syrinscape. there are multiple ways to get the audio to your players. Here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHQJ2Qlqvj8 A quick google/forum search will show others. Also, with DOE sounds you are not limited to syrinscape. you can use other sounds you have found and downloaded.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hi, all. I read the forums at Syrinscape every now and then trying to ascertain if they've integrated either the online player or Master/Minion (although I think it's changed names lately) with Dulux-Oz's Sound DOE. Unfortunately for me, I find all the many threads very confusing and nothing that clearly and simply states if this is possible. For example, they will say that you can send links to the on-line player but nothing that confirms the 'auto-sound' feature of your (wonderful) extension is compatible. This feature has been mentioned as having been worked on for a very long time, so I don't know if time has passed me by and it's common knowledge that it works or if it's just a difficult problem and not easily done and I need to just hope and be patient.

So...is this set-up a reality or are we still relegated to using virtual cables, etc. to pipe the sound into a voice chat application (something I've had difficulty with in the past and so I don't bother anymore)?

Thanks for your help!

(And Dulux-Oz, I hope you are recovering well)

EDIT: Oops, should have put this in the DOE Sound thread I guess.
    Last edited by gkennedy3; May 19th, 2019 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by gkennedy3 View Post
    Hi, all. I read the forums at Syrinscape every now and then trying to ascertain if they've integrated either the online player or Master/Minion (although I think it's changed names lately) with Dulux-Oz's Sound DOE. Unfortunately for me, I find all the many threads very confusing and nothing that clearly and simply states if this is possible. For example, they will say that you can send links to the on-line player but nothing that confirms the 'auto-sound' feature of your (wonderful) extension is compatible. This feature has been mentioned as having been worked on for a very long time, so I don't know if time has passed me by and it's common knowledge that it works or if it's just a difficult problem and not easily done and I need to just hope and be patient.

So...is this set-up a reality or are we still relegated to using virtual cables, etc. to pipe the sound into a voice chat application (something I've had difficulty with in the past and so I don't bother anymore)?

Thanks for your help!

(And Dulux-Oz, I hope you are recovering well)

EDIT: Oops, should have put this in the DOE Sound thread I guess.
    That's OK - I moved it

No the Master/Minion version of Syrinscape does NOT work with the DOE: Sound, only the original Desktop App version - reasons: too many to go into.

However, it it possible for the GM to use the Desktop App on up to three computer simultaneously (as in Syrinscape License allows this) - so it it possible for the the DOE:Sound to trigger local copies of the Syrinscape Desktop App on each of the Players' computers. Yes, this means that each Player need to have Syrinscape installed and also have the relevant SoundSets.

Or, you can use a 3rd Party VoIP App and have someone (not necessarily the GM) pump the sound down the 3rd Party VoIP App to the others - or you can mix and match and do both options at the same time.

And thanks, I am getting better - slowly.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information