5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I'm having trouble getting this to work. Host side seems to work fine, can link to chat, auto, soundboards. Client side doesn't seem to get triggers from host.

Sound activates on host, but nothing on client from an auto-chat miss or hit (visible rolls and actors)
    Client has soundboard and clicks a button: Host gets sound/music, client gets nothing
    If the host drag and drops a Sound link to the chat, a client can click it and get sound from SyrinScape, but it doesn't play automatically for anyone

Tried with fresh 5E campaign with no other modules loaded. Running 4.2.2 and latest FG
    Last edited by GeneralChaos; April 20th, 2019 at 02:57.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralChaos View Post
    I'm having trouble getting this to work. Host side seems to work fine, can link to chat, auto, soundboards. Client side doesn't seem to get triggers from host.

Sound activates on host, but nothing on client from an auto-chat miss or hit (visible rolls and actors)
    Client has soundboard and clicks a button: Host gets sound/music, client gets nothing
    If the host drag and drops a Sound link to the chat, a client can click it and get sound from SyrinScape, but it doesn't play automatically for anyone

Tried with fresh 5E campaign with no other modules loaded. Running 4.2.2 and latest FG
    Is the client and the host on the same physical machine? Do you have Syrinscape loaded on the client (as well as the host), and if so, do you have Sounds turned ON on the client (as well as the host)?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Different computer. I did not check if it was enabled on client, forgot there are a few settings client can set for themselves. Done, working. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralChaos View Post
    Different computer. I did not check if it was enabled on client, forgot there are a few settings client can set for themselves. Done, working. Thanks!
    Excellent! Glad we got things sorted.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Latest version of FG seems to have broken this. Running BASE v3.2.1 and Sound v4.2.2 with CoreRPG rulest v3.3.7.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    Latest version of FG seems to have broken this. Running BASE v3.2.1 and Sound v4.2.2 with CoreRPG rulest v3.3.7.
    Unlikely since these versions have all been out for some months. Can you tell us what problems you are having and if you are using any other extensions other than DOEs and what ruleset you are running?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Crap! Seems that some of my extensions are causing the problem. Thanks for reminding me to check those.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Is there any way to take a sound from another source and get a sound link to use in the DOE extension? I'm looking to add more sound effects, and although SyrinScape has some, many of them are set on timers so that I can't trigger them automatically, just once (for example, a character hearing a cough in a darkened room as they step in). To continue the example, SyrinScape has a great "coughs" sound in the Jade Temple, but whenever I set it up as a Custom Mood, it copies all of the dead air as well, so even when I trigger it from within DOE, I can't be sure when the sound will actually get around to playing, which is NOT helpful.
    Art, Games, Life
    www.artystrique.com (In progress, so be kind, please)
    Discord https://discord.gg/grHbK6ck3Q

DOE: Sound can trigger lots of other stuff, not just syrinscape. I use it to trigger sounds I've found on the internet to play in VLC. you can find sounds on youtube, or many other sources on the internet that DOE can trigger. collect them on your hard drive so you get exactly the sounds you want.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    Is there any way to take a sound from another source and get a sound link to use in the DOE extension? I'm looking to add more sound effects, and although SyrinScape has some, many of them are set on timers so that I can't trigger them automatically, just once (for example, a character hearing a cough in a darkened room as they step in). To continue the example, SyrinScape has a great "coughs" sound in the Jade Temple, but whenever I set it up as a Custom Mood, it copies all of the dead air as well, so even when I trigger it from within DOE, I can't be sure when the sound will actually get around to playing, which is NOT helpful.
    Why don't you use one of the 1-Shot Coughs - there's no need for "dead air" with those. There's "Coughs" in the "Seedy Tavern" Fantasy Soundset, "Coughs" in the "TT Tooth And Nail" Fantasy S1oundset, and "Larkin Coughs" in the "" SciFi Soundset - one of these should get you out of trouble.

For the record, it took me less than 10 seconds to find these using my DOM: Soundlink Library (avaliable from DM's Guild) - I simply put in "cough" into the inbuild search function and up came the three Soundlink Entries - which I then clicked on to confirm they we "good" coughs

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10