DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (April 2019) put up on DM's Guild (here).

This latest edition now has over 6200 Soundlinks from all 131 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 295 Fantasy Soundsets.

Note that you still need Syrinscape Desktop App to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves (this, along with the DOE:Sound, does *NOT* work with the Syrinscape Online Player, only the Desktop App).

Cheers
    Dulux,

This being the first time there is an update to the Library since I bought it last month, can I confirm that each update is purchased (as opposed to having a way to update the existing library)?

Quote Originally Posted by VvZODvv View Post
    This being the first time there is an update to the Library since I bought it last month, can I confirm that each update is purchased (as opposed to having a way to update the existing library)?
    You don’t need to purchase again. Go to your library in DTRPG and re-download the file from there.

Edited by Dulux-Oz: Yes, actually you do - see Post #1412
    Last edited by dulux-oz; April 14th, 2019 at 03:44.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You don’t need to purchase again. Go to your library in DTRPG and re-download the file from there.
    Very cool. Thanks!

Thanks, too I didn't know this either; I once tried that out and the file name was still with the month of purchase and therefore I thought it will not be updated automatically (which I could have understood of course, due to additional work) But the edition name changes ingame.

(I guess the file name stays the same such that the old one is overwritten when one copies the new file into the modules folder)

EDIT: at least at dmsguild that is the case, maybe different for DTRPG
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 13th, 2019 at 20:07.

You can make things a lot easier on yourself if you use the DTRGP desktop app, when you run it, it will only pull down files updated since the last time you ran it.

I believe at the moment, there is only a Windows version.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

You can also get an email notification if you setup DTRPG to send you an email when a product is updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Thanks, too I didn't know this either; I once tried that out and the file name was still with the month of purchase and therefore I thought it will not be updated automatically (which I could have understood of course, due to additional work) But the edition name changes ingame.

(I guess the file name stays the same such that the old one is overwritten when one copies the new file into the modules folder)

EDIT: at least at dmsguild that is the case, maybe different for DTRPG
    It's up to the individual publisher how they update the files : if they change filenames, etc..

It's up to the individual publisher how they update the files : if they change filenames, etc..
    Ah okay

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    You can make things a lot easier on yourself if you use the DTRGP desktop app, when you run it, it will only pull down files updated since the last time you ran it.

I believe at the moment, there is only a Windows version.

Dave
    Not true. There is a Mac version that works great. I use it all the time, and it works great.

Actually, no, its not an update, its a new edition - think of it like a magazine: every month a new edition of the magazize comes out and you buy your copy (or not).

Or, if you prefer, think of it this way - each month (or so) there is a new collection of Soundlinks for the SoundSets released during the previous month - Soundlinks that have never existed before. As a special bonus, Soundlinks from previous editions are included as well, so that you don't have to have a whole bunch of Modules open at once - they're all nice and tidy together.

I don't think anyone should have an issue with this - its only $5 each monthly edition, which is less than the price of a good cup of coffee. People have gotten to use the DOE:Sound for free, and it takes several hours to produce each monthly edition - I think that's worth $5/month, don't you?

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; April 14th, 2019 at 03:45.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information