5E Character Create Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Is it possible to trigger the sound inside the fantasy grounds itself instead of a third party software?

Quote Originally Posted by Qoff View Post
    Is it possible to trigger the sound inside the fantasy grounds itself instead of a third party software?
    Fantasy Grounds has no sound capability (other than the basic ding). So you need third party software for sounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is the Sound Extension working with the current version of Fantasy Grounds in the Pathfinder ruleset? I've gotten this to work in the past so I'm familiar with the setup. I watched all the tutorials I could find, reinstalled the extensions, and disabled all other extensions and I still can't get it to play the links to Syrinscape. Help please!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulgamer View Post
    Is the Sound Extension working with the current version of Fantasy Grounds in the Pathfinder ruleset? I've gotten this to work in the past so I'm familiar with the setup. I watched all the tutorials I could find, reinstalled the extensions, and disabled all other extensions and I still can't get it to play the links to Syrinscape. Help please!
    DOE Sound is tested and supported with the Pathfinder ruleset, but not with the PF Playtest ruleset (though it may work). See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._Compatibility

The first thing to check is do you have the sound option turned on in your campaign options?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes I have Sound turned on. I'm lost, I've disabled all other extensions and reinstalled the base ext along with the soundset ext and it's still not working. I installed this and set up soundboards on my old computer so I have experience with the setup. Super frustrated. I don't know what I'm overlooking.

I updated Syrinscpe problem solved. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by seoulgamer View Post
    I updated Syrinscpe problem solved. /facepalm
    Yeah - occassionaly Syrinscape will release a version (it's happened once in the past, to my knowledge) that breaks the linkages between it and the DOE:Sound. Usually, between Benjamin and myself we get it fixed pretty quickly, but it still manages to bite someone in the back-side sooner or later
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Unfortunately, the solution that Syrinscape came up with for their Master/Minion Web-based version is, at the moment, 100% incompatible with how FG and the DOE:Sound work. I've been investigating the solution for a couple of weeks now and, to get it to work, it is going to require either SmiteWorks radically changing the FG-Engine (something which in the past they have been super reluctant to do) or a complete architectural re-design of the Syrinscape M/M system. In either case, its out of my hands.
    Wouldn't it be enought to have sort of a proxy that registers a fake protocol with windows, just like syrinscape desktop does? It could be installed as a deamon in windows and tunnel the requests from fg to the syrinscape web api. It would only need to be unidirectional in a fire and forget way. You'd only have to tell the DOE extension to call a different (fake-) protocol than for the desktop version of syrinscape.

EDIT:
    So you'd basically need this https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=customurl and this https://curl.haxx.se/windows/ (didn't try it myself yet)
    Last edited by hereander; February 21st, 2019 at 20:37.

*NEVERMIND, I fixed it by just re-downloading the extension and reactivating it*

I can't seem to create Sounds anymore. The Sound window is totally blank and I do not have any buttons (drop down menu or edit).
    Any idea?
    Last edited by kmfdm; March 2nd, 2019 at 17:54.
    Ultimate Edition Fan of Primeval Thule Currently running Homebrew Weird West 5e

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfdm View Post
    I can't seem to create Sounds anymore. The Sound window is totally blank and I do not have any buttons (drop down menu or edit).
    Any idea?
    First, restart your computer. Problem still there? Exit FG, start a new campaign, still there?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information