View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    And this, people, is why I say again and again to READ THE FREAKIN MANUAL - its all in there, explained, simplified, and ready to be discovered
    I did read the manual... but just the parts that applied to Syrinscape and Teamspeak.

Looks like I have more reading to do.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder as well as all WotC 5e FG content (in addition to other 5e products)
    Also have bought a lot of Savage World products as well (core / compendiums / Hellfrost)
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Currently Playing 5e D&D Campaigns Tomb of Annihilation and Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5/Pathfinder, and also Savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    I did read the manual... but just the parts that applied to Syrinscape and Teamspeak.

Looks like I have more reading to do.
    So maybe we need a new acronym: RTWFM = Read The WHOLE Freakin Manual
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Read my FG Blog here.

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Ongoing Video, Ruleset & Extension Development: via PayPal (Send To: [email protected])

YouTube Channel/Tutorial Playlists: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

OZ! LOL I feel ya

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK...

Dropbox Link To Maps Folder

DOE Sound Extension Question

First of all, thanks for this extension! It is truly amazing and adds a great deal to our gaming sessions!

My question is... I want to create a chatsound by distinguishing it from others of the same type (such as a creatures bite).

Example in chat :
    Poisonous Snake:
    [ATTACK (M)] Bite
    Attack [20] -> [at Target][HIT]

I set up my trigger to be a) Poisonous Snake and b) HIT but it does not seem to recognize the first.
    Also I cannot seem to get the triggers working when they are on different lines in the chat (Poisonous Snake and HIT are on different chat lines).
    However [ATTACK (M)] Bite works since they are on the same chat line. Problem is that will trigger a snake bite sound for any creature with bite.

Hopefully I am just missing something here and this is a simple one for you Dulux! Again, great work on this!

(Mod: Moved to appropriate Thread.)
    Last edited by dulux-oz; May 20th, 2018 at 03:54.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kberg100 View Post
    First of all, thanks for this extension! It is truly amazing and adds a great deal to our gaming sessions!

My question is... I want to create a chatsound by distinguishing it from others of the same type (such as a creatures bite).

Example in chat :
    Poisonous Snake:
    [ATTACK (M)] Bite
    Attack [20] -> [at Target][HIT]

I set up my trigger to be a) Poisonous Snake and b) HIT but it does not seem to recognize the first.
    Also I cannot seem to get the triggers working when they are on different lines in the chat (Poisonous Snake and HIT are on different chat lines).
    However [ATTACK (M)] Bite works since they are on the same chat line. Problem is that will trigger a snake bite sound for any creature with bite.

Hopefully I am just missing something here and this is a simple one for you Dulux! Again, great work on this!

(Mod: Moved to appropriate Thread.)
    ChatSounds won't work across different lines of chat - there's a few posts on this in this thread (yes, its a big thread so there's a lot to go through - I'm not surprised it was missed).

Note sure about your first issue (my brain hasn't engaged fullky yet today) - someone else want to weigh in?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Read my FG Blog here.

Support Ongoing Video, Ruleset & Extension Development: via PayPal (Send To: [email protected])

Two questions:
    1) Noob question: I can't seem to find the button that opens DOE: Sound Sound Board. Where's this located??
    2) I'd like to use this for a user-created ruleset that hasn't been updated to keep current with the current version of CoreRPG. Any advice--or that way buggy performance lies?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Two questions:
    1) Noob question: I can't seem to find the button that opens DOE: Sound Sound Board. Where's this located??
    2) I'd like to use this for a user-created ruleset that hasn't been updated to keep current with the current version of CoreRPG. Any advice--or that way buggy performance lies?

Thanks
    1) If you are talking about the Menubar/Sidebar Button for the DOE:Sound (is like Story, Notes and NPCs) then you need to "turn it on" via the Library Button. Does that help?
    2) All of the DOE's only work with the CoreRPG or its "children" Rulesets (and then only the "offical" SmitWorks-released ones). For everything else, I've created the DORCore Rueset which people can use as the "parent" of their Community Ruleset which will give them all of the DOE-functionality.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Read my FG Blog here.

1) If you are talking about the Menubar/Sidebar Button for the DOE:Sound (is like Story, Notes and NPCs) then you need to "turn it on" via the Library Button. Does that help?Cheers
    Yes it does. (I think I even looked there but missed it ) Thanks.

2) All of the DOE's only work with the CoreRPG or its "children" Rulesets (and then only the "offical" SmitWorks-released ones). For everything else, I've created the DORCore Rueset which people can use as the "parent" of their Community Ruleset which will give them all of the DOE-functionality.
    Good to know. In this case this won't help for the community ruleset I'm using.

EDIT: unless DORCore could be used as a "shim" as described in post one on that thread.
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; May 23rd, 2018 at 06:25.

Blog Entries
    Hi Everybody,

I've just updated the Extension to v4.2.1.

This is primarily a compatibility update to fix a couple of minor bugs, etc.

Please note that with the release of the new DOE:REMU Extension the delivery method for all of the DO-REMs (Dulux-Oz Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) has changed. Please see Post #1 of this thread for full details.

Enjoy!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Read my FG Blog here.

I just updated from a pretty old version (both base and sounds) and they are not showing up in my Campaign Details as an option. Have you heard of this - did I just Noob it?

I tried creating a new campaign just in case nope.

Here is a video, to hopefully show you what I am doing that is obvious?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYGJbyUIkjc

Thread Information