DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Nvm, I probably did the same thing with that. I'll check later. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodydrake View Post
    I found an error in DOM-Soundlink sound module.
    Shining Child Scream links to Grand Organ Moment incorrectly.

As well I noticed that Kaiju Island tries to use the scifi player not the fantasy player. If you add the Kaiju Island to a campaign on the syrinscape website it adds it to the fantasy player and you don't need to use two players.
    Im not sure if its possible in future updates to include a fantasy version of the kaiju Island links but it would be nice
    Thanks for reporting that, bloodydrake. Its now been fixed (bloody typos ) and if you PM me your email address I'll make sure you get a free copy of the next release.

In reference to The Kaiju Island Soundset: according to the Syrinscape Webscape page for this Soundset:
    This SoundSet will appear by default in the Syrinscape Sci-Fi Player app, but you can make it appear in any of the apps by using the Campaign Manager.
    All of the SoundLinks in the DOM_Soundlink_Library are listed with their "original, default" Soundsets/Sound-Players. To have two entries for each Soundlink (one to use the Fantasy Player and one to use the Sci-Fi Player - which would what would be required) would make the Library more than twice as unwieldy to manage and maintain - I hope everyone can understand the reasons why this is not going to happen.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Thanks for reporting that, bloodydrake. Its now been fixed (bloody typos ) and if you PM me your email address I'll make sure you get a free copy of the next release.

In reference to The Kaiju Island Soundset: according to the Syrinscape Webscape page for this Soundset:

All of the SoundLinks in the DOM_Soundlink_Library are listed with their "original, default" Soundsets/Sound-Players. To have two entries for each Soundlink (one to use the Fantasy Player and one to use the Sci-Fi Player - which would what would be required) would make the Library more than twice as unwieldy to manage and maintain - I hope everyone can understand the reasons why this is not going to happen.

Cheers
    NP happy to help

And no worries . It wasn't clear to me if there was away to attempt to alter the links to just open in whichever syrinscape player your default is for the file type. This would leave it to the user to make sure that the soundset is added to the relevant player via campaign tool on their website.
    But if that's not viable no biggy just seemed like an interesting idea to deal with that use case.

Does this extension work with BattleBards?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Does this extension work with BattleBards?
    Can sounds be triggered with a URI / URL? If so, then yes.

Not sure if this is possible but with this extension could I play a sound on button press not just chat sequence? For example it a player hits the PC button could it play the sound of a Final fantasy-like menu button being pressed?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodydrake View Post
    OK i'm gonna admit to something that might help you
    when you go to the github sight don't rightclick and download from the main page those look like the files but they are not..you must click them and it takes you to a sub page with a download button on the right for that file
    If you incorrectly downloaded it you'll find the file in your mod and extention is about 39K. but if you go to the subpage and download the size will be larger(or just different) and will show up properly in fantasy grounds
    Thanks! I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Hi!

I'm using this extension and I would like to trigger special sound when creatures are hit. So for example when I receive this message in chat: "Damage [11] -> [to Hill Giant] [STATUS: Light]" I play the Giant sound effect. What's your approach in this case? Do you play sounds in this case? Is it possible to apply a special rule like "regular expression" parser instead of a perfect match?
    Did you ever find a solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverside05 View Post
    I think you would have to use "] -> [to Hill Giant]" to trigger the giant sound.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverside05 View Post
    This is a "standard" feature of the current version - its all in the Manual (RTFM?)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information