DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    This is a "standard" feature of the current version - its all in the Manual (RTFM?)
    Dulux,

Apologies here I have read the section on magic characters and I am still a little confused. I am trying to trigger a specific sound when certain members of my party are injured. The trigger is "Damage [x] -> [y]" Where x should be any number and y is the party members name. Where I'm a bit confused is what to out in the x spot. I tried %d and %x. Is it not working due to the []?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverside05 View Post
    Dulux,

Apologies here I have read the section on magic characters and I am still a little confused. I am trying to trigger a specific sound when certain members of my party are injured. The trigger is "Damage [x] -> [y]" Where x should be any number and y is the party members name. Where I'm a bit confused is what to out in the x spot. I tried %d and %x. Is it not working due to the []?
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your question.

So, according to the manual the characters "[" and "]" are some of the "magic characters" that have special meaning - in this case they represent a "set" of characters - ie if your have "[abc]" the system will look for "a" or "b" or "c". So if you have "Damage [%d] -> [%a]" the system would look for "Damage " and one digit (ie 0-9) and " -> " and a letter (ie a-z or A-Z).

So, first of all you need to actually detect the "["s and the "]"s - you do this by preceding them with the "%" character, like this "Damage %[%d%] -> %[%a%]"

Now you need to detect damage of more than one digit. You do this by adding the "+" character after the "%d" (again, this is in the manual for those who want to know exactly what the "+" does) - "Damage %[%d+%] -> %[%a%]"

Of course, your characters' names are more than one letter long, so you add a "+" after the "%a" as well - "Damage %[%d+%] -> %[%a+%]"

So, this is (crudely) what you're looking for. You may need to add "%" in front of the "-" and the ">" as well, but try it without first.

Also, you can get a lot fancier in detecting the character's names (or even don't bother detecting them at all) - at the moment all the names can only have one or more letters in them - no digits, no " ' ", etc.

Now, I haven't actually tested this so it may need some tweaking, but this should at least get you on your way.

Make sense?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Resolved
    Last edited by madman; July 20th, 2018 at 06:01. Reason: ADD info
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Awesome !

So the string does have to be in this format "Damage %[%d+%] %-%> %[%to %y%]" Where y is the specific character name or monster.

Question #2. Is there a known issue when you try to link mood music to chat-sounds. Specifically, I pulled just the lute music from the Seedy Tavern Pack. Then I linked it to when Bardic inspiration is cast. It plays intermittently especially when I am switching between different mood musics. It does play consistently when I link the lute music directly to a pin on the map. The music uri is"syrinscape-fantasy:moods/c2VlZHktdGF2ZXJuOjpCYXJkaWMgSW5zcGlyYXRpb24/play/"

Thanks for your assistance !

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I was attempting to do something similar!

"Attack %[%d+%] -> %[%a+%] [AUTOMATIC HIT]" This does not seem to work!
    "Attack %[%d+%] -> %[%a+%]" This does not seem to work! throws an error.
    "Attack %[%d+%] %-%> %[%a+%] [AUTOMATIC HIT]" This does not seem to work!
    "Attack %[%d+%] %-%> %[%a+%]" This does not seem to work! throws an error.

"Attack [%d+%] -> [%a+%] [AUTOMATIC HIT]" This does work but for all attacks
    "" [CRITICAL HIT]
    "" [AUTOMATIC MISS]
    "" [HIT]
    "" [MISS]

I have been reading the manual and other than typing out exactly as it outputs. Like a normal sound i.e. [AUTOMATIC HIT]
    I can not make it work for just that string, using Magic Characters.

I am probably missing something!
    Any help would be great

Sample chat output.
    Attack [17] -> [at Kabyzi] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

Madman..
    I think you can just focus on the last part of the line "] [MISS]" will work for all missed hits. "] [AUTOMATIC MISS]" For all Automatic so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverside05 View Post
    Awesome !

So the string does have to be in this format "Damage %[%d+%] %-%> %[%to %y%]" Where y is the specific character name or monster.

Question #2. Is there a known issue when you try to link mood music to chat-sounds. Specifically, I pulled just the lute music from the Seedy Tavern Pack. Then I linked it to when Bardic inspiration is cast. It plays intermittently especially when I am switching between different mood musics. It does play consistently when I link the lute music directly to a pin on the map. The music uri is"syrinscape-fantasy:moods/c2VlZHktdGF2ZXJuOjpCYXJkaWMgSW5zcGlyYXRpb24/play/"

Thanks for your assistance !
    I'm surprised you need the "%t" and the "%y" - you should be able to get by on both of those without the % - meh

The trouble with using Moods with Chatsounds is that every time a new mood is played the old mood stops - that's a function of Syrinscape, not the DOE:Sound. I tens to use 1-Shots for all my Chatsounds and use the moods to actually set the ambience of the scene. There are approx 4.5K Sounds in Syrinscape, with the majority of them being 1-Shots - I've never had to use a mood because I could always find a 1-shot that would work - the DOM_Soundlink_Library (available from the DM's Guild - Shameless(TM) Self-Plug) makes it very easy to find just the right sound.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Sold! Bought it! Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (August 2018) put up on DM's Guild.

This latest edition now has over 4500 Soundlinks from all 107 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 225 Fantasy Soundsets.

Note that you still need Syrinscape to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (August 2018) put up on DM's Guild.

This latest edition now has over 4500 Soundlinks from all 107 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 225 Fantasy Soundsets.

Note that you still need Syrinscape to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves.

Cheers
    You made the DMsGuild Newsletter as one of the "Newest Titles"
    Screen Shot 08-07-18 at 01.31 PM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey Man, AWESOME extension. I got it working, along with your other extensions, got Syrinscape up and started creating sounds.

My question: Can you give me an example of what a Chat Sound and Auto Sound trigger might look like?

I couldnt find an example in the Wiki and the trigger explanation is a little vague for a noob like me.

Thanks,

Michael

Thread Information