5E Character Create Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    If I may add, I've been using a software called Soundpad. It's paid but it's really cheap ($5 I think), but you also can try a demo version for free. Basically what it does is playing the sounds directly through your mic, doing basically what voicemeeter do but in a way simpler way. Now I had to setup some windows shortcuts for it to work with doe sounds, but I find it an easy to setup alternative and haven't touched voicemeeter ever again. So you might want to check it out, maybe

@DrOW That seems very interesting, setting virtual cables and voicemeter is hard and pretty unstable. It seems though that it only share sounds recorded into it, no pass through of sounds from WMP, TabletopAudio or direct DOE sounds or Syrinscape players. Does it allow a pass through ? If yes, could you please share your setup with Soundpad ? (how it work with Discord and what shortcuts are needed), in another thread off course. thanks anyway for sharing this software use.
    Last edited by Egheal; November 3rd, 2019 at 15:48.

Creating chain Sounds using DOE Sound Extension

Hi all

I'm still learning how to create sounds within FG's and the DOE ext's are great. Thanks for putting in all that work. Here's my question.....

When creating a new chatsound i see the option to create a Chain sound:
    2019-11-06_09h35_20.png

but im not able to enter anything in that field. Is there anyway to create a chain sound?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Hi all

I'm still learning how to create sounds within FG's and the DOE ext's are great. Thanks for putting in all that work. Here's my question.....

2019-11-06_09h35_20.png

but im not able to enter anything in that field. Is there anyway to create a chain sound?

Thanks
    I've moved this post to the DOE Sound extension thread. It's much better to post questions/issues with an extension in the thread of that extension - it'll get the dev's attention and also provides info for others using the extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Hi all

2019-11-06_09h35_20.png

Thanks
    Hi @menace,

Glad you like the DOEs (Dulux-Oz Extensions).

As it says in the DOE:Sound Manual, you add an existing SoundLink to another Sound/ChatSound/etc by dragging-&-dropping the existing SoundLink to the Chain Sound box.

Note: DO NOT create "rings" of Chain Sounds - you'll crash your computer (or send it into an infinite loop - same thing).

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi All,

I've just published new versions of all the DOEs. These versions work with FGv3.3.8 & FGv3.3.9 (when it gets released).

Note: For the moment, these versions of the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU-Beta (for those of you in the FGU-Beta-test Program). For the moment, please feel free to use the (now) old versions of the DOEs. I'll be releaseing FGU-Compatible/Supported/Tested version when FGU is released.

Each new DOE version has been placed on the first Post of each relevant DOE Thread, as per normal.

I'll be updating the each DOE Maunuals (and the FG Wiki), plus the individual Ruleset Extensions Threads, over the next little while.

These DOEs, apart from having general updates, have the following modifications to them:
    • Added ColourGroups to all DOE Lists - Allows the player to give one of 7 coloured backgrounds (8 if you include "none") to the individual Entries in Lists. Used to visually group Entries together. Look for the Rainbow on all DOE List.
    • Fixed the Comma in Prices Issue in Buildings (Shops)
    • Caused Items weighing less than 1 unit to be recorded as 0 weight to stop the FG Engine's recording them as a long decimal in Buildings (Shops).
    • Fixed the Coin Label case Issue in Buildings (Shops).
    • Added ChatBox Message on character buy & sell in Buildings (Shops).

Thanks to Tim Cox for help in getting the last 4 of these done.

These DOEs now support:
    • CoreRPG
    • 13th Age
    • D&D 2E
    • D&D 3.5E
    • D&D 4E
    • D&D 5E
    • Call Of Cthulhu 6E
    • Call Of Cthulhu 7E
    • Castles & Crusades - Needs a Graphic
    • Cypher Systems
    • Fate Core
    • Numenera
    • PFRPG
    • PFRPG2
    • SavageWorlds (SWADE) - Needs three Graphics
    • SFRPG - Needs Graphics
    • SWD
    • The Strange
    • The Dungeon, Simple Brown, Simple Grey, and Wood Themes across all supported Rulesets

These DOEs have had the following Rulesets depreciated and are no longer supported:
    • BoL
    • Dark Herasy
    • GURPS - may re-support in coming versions.
    • Maelstrom
    • MoreCore
    • WHFRP2

As per normal, if you find any bugs (these Extensions are provided "as is"), have any suggestions, etc, then please let me know by posting here for the relevant DOE and I'll get it fixed and released ASAP.

Enjoy
    Last edited by dulux-oz; November 10th, 2019 at 10:40.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Ok... now i have one doubt.
    Wich module should i buy in order to have chat sounds in my PFRPG2 game?

THIS?
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/293...-November-2019

OR
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/214...hor_of_product

?

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Ok... now i have one doubt.
    Wich module should i buy in order to have chat sounds in my PFRPG2 game?

THIS?
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/293...-November-2019

OR
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/214...hor_of_product

?
    The DOM Soundlink (your first link) has links to all available sounds. You will have to set up the chatsounds yourself, but this module makes it easier as it has all the links ready for you.

The Fantasy Grounds Sounds (second link) has prebuilt chat sounds in it. But its designed for 5e. To make it work with PFRPG2 you would need to edit the module to allow that ruleset. Also, some/many/all of the chatsounds may not work properly as the triggers are designed for 5e and there may be differences in what they should be.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    The DOM Soundlink (your first link) has links to all available sounds. You will have to set up the chatsounds yourself, but this module makes it easier as it has all the links ready for you.

The Fantasy Grounds Sounds (second link) has prebuilt chat sounds in it. But its designed for 5e. To make it work with PFRPG2 you would need to edit the module to allow that ruleset. Also, some/many/all of the chatsounds may not work properly as the triggers are designed for 5e and there may be differences in what they should be.
    Thanks @mattekure - I don't think I could have explained it any better

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10