FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's Edition (August 2019) put up on DM's Guild (here) - yes, I know; a few days early - but what the hay.

This latest edition now has over 6400 Soundlinks from all 132 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 314 Fantasy Soundsets.

(It's also a great way to support all the work I do on the DOEs/DORs and all the other things I do for the Community. :-) )

Note that you still need Syrinscape Desktop App to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves (this, along with the DOE:Sound, does *NOT* work with the Syrinscape Online Player, only the Desktop App).

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; July 30th, 2019 at 16:35.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

dulux-oz,
    Side note, I have been having problems with discord, and was looking into Syrinscape online. After reading a ton of forums last night I found that there is a way to do it, BUT that you prefer the desktop app using teamspeak. So I have setup my own Teamspeak server (should I, or would paying for a host be better?) and was wonder if you had a location I can look at to learn how to do the multiple channels, one for voice and one for computer (Syrinscape )?

Thanks!
    Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    dulux-oz,
    Side note, I have been having problems with discord, and was looking into Syrinscape online. After reading a ton of forums last night I found that there is a way to do it, BUT that you prefer the desktop app using teamspeak. So I have setup my own Teamspeak server (should I, or would paying for a host be better?) and was wonder if you had a location I can look at to learn how to do the multiple channels, one for voice and one for computer (Syrinscape )?

Thanks!
    Gabe
    Syrinscape has a writeup here https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrin...nline-play/424

Basically, you need to make sure you are using one of the virtual audio cables and have syrinscape outputting using the virtual audio cable. from within teamspeak, you go to options and set up an additional capture profile. so you have one for your voice, and one for syrinscape. in the one for syrinscape, select the virtual audio cable as the capture device. For the one for your voice, set your mic as the capture device.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

thank you! I will play with it tonight.
    PS any opinion on personal server vs paid one?

if you have the capability and bandwidth, I'd host it myself. I have my own private TS server that I mess around with, but I am not currently using it in game.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

So I've actually got a really detailed step-by-step write-up on how to do all of this I'm getting ready to put up on the Wiki - so keep an eye out for that.

And why don't you use the FGCon Teamspeak Server - I do. It's free for FG Community Users and active 24*7*365 (baring accidents, which don't happen that often). Just search these forums ("FGCon Teamspeak" would be good terms) for the full details.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I will! Thank you!
    I was going to set it up this weekend, but still looking forward to it the instructions. I am trying to learn now how to tweak the quality lol

I finally got Syrinscape, iTunes and VLC to provide sound effects via Discord PTB to my regular Discord server for my campaign sessions.
    I am using Dulux's Sound Extension with his DMG Sound Module to enable chat window effect triggers and it all works great!

Holding till PF2.0 compatibility, good work!

Thread Information