Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

5E Enhancer

5E Enhancer

Current Version: v0.4.0.

A community extension I'm writing to improve D&D 5E in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Design Goals

A rewritten minimalist streamlined version of the original 5E Combat Enhancer Classic including a number of broader ranged improvements for playing 5E, written for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Features

For a complete and up to date feature list, consult the GitHub ReadMe file here:

https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...ster/README.md

Some features are highlighted in the posts below.

Installing

The extension is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer

1) Open the folder "- Extension Files" https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...ension%20Files
    Download the latest version of the extension file: "5E-Enhancer v?_?_?.ext"

Contains:
    This is the actual extension, it includes the compressed codebase and a number of graphics.

2) Copy this file to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the '5E Enhancer v?_?_?' extension for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

Helping Out / Supporting

I've spent countless hours working on and writing the code used in this extension, since the start of its independent precursor the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic in December of 2018.

If you enjoy the extension and would like to show your appreciation or support future development of it. There's a couple of things you could do.

1) It would help me a lot if you "starred" the GitHub project by clicking the star to the right of the project name on the GitHub page of the project.

2)
    If you would like to send me a donation or contribution for my work on this extensions. Here is a direct PayPal link that you can use to buy me a beer, meal or something of the sort.
    https://www.paypal.me/StyrmirDonationBox

Last edited by Styrmir; November 23rd, 2019 at 19:58.
    Ultimate License holder, enables Demo Players to join my games for free.

[FGU backer, extension writer]

5E Enhancer

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic

If you want to report a bug then please use this template.

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer instead.)

Is your FG software up to date?

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? (You can see the most up to date version number in the first post on page 1, the version number is printed in FG on start in the chat.)

How much memory is Fantasy Grounds using while the error occurs? (You can check this in the Task Manager if you're using Windows)

Please post the console error printout here:
    (This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, does the error still occur, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled?

Can you recreate the error consistently?

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?

Does this always happen?

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.?
    (The more in depth information on which these are the better.)

Do you have a screenshot you could share?

Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error?

Last edited by Styrmir; November 23rd, 2019 at 20:18.

5E Enhancer

Menu Options '5E Enhancer, Battle Map Settings'

- Automatic range modifiers: Enable range messages and automatic disadvantage on long ranges.
    - Horizontal health bars: Enable horizontal health bars over tokens. 5 options available: Left aligned, default height | Left aligned, taller | Centered, default height | Centered, taller.
    - Larger health dots: Enable larger health dots for tokens. 3 options available: FGU Default size | Larger | Largest.
    - Show CT active actor underlay (DM only): Toggle to add underlay under CT active actor.
    - Show faction/space underlay: Shows or hides the underlay added for tokens faction (friend/foe/neutral). Re-add tokens to update.
    - Show reach underlay: Shows or hides the reach underlay added on hover for tokens. Re-add tokens to update.
    - Stop token rotation: Stops token rotation as much as possible when mouse wheel is scrolled over token. Tries to reset it as turning straight up on mouse scroll.
    - Token underlay opacity (GM only): Select the opacity of the graphical highlight underneath tokens when hovering over items in the combat tracker.

Menu Options '
    5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'

- New menu options that enable you to change your default window sizes for a lot of different types.

Last edited by Styrmir; November 23rd, 2019 at 20:02.

5E Enhancer

Features, Combat

- Delete tokens from map and CT with single mouse click.
    Alt + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map.
    Alt + Ctrl + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map and from the CT.
    - Horizontal health bars, lightly transparent. Toggable in menu. Select health for tokens to be displayed as bars, select 'Combat Enhancer 5E > Horizontal health bars > On'. Add token from CT for new health bar.

- Larger health dot graphics for tokens. Toggable in menu. Add token from CT for new health dot.

- Automatic range finding from ranged attack. Toggable in menu. Disadvantage for medium to max range added automatically, sharpshooter feat negates this. Message output to chat.

- 'Reach underlay' and 'Faction/space underlay' made as toggle switches in the menu items. Re-add tokens to update.
    - Active actor on CT token underlay made as toggle switches in the menu items. Clears all other underlays than the current actor.

Last edited by Styrmir; October 17th, 2019 at 17:05.

5E Enhancer

Features, Interface

- Content Share, allows you and your players to right click on spells, character feats, features and traits and post the descriptive text directly to the chat text by selecting the new 'Post Text in Chat' menu option at the bottom.

- New menu options in your settings, under '5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'.
    Set as default window sizes on activation. But you can enable larger windows for any or all windows from the window menu.
    Resizes windows on the fly to whatever setting you choose.
    You can return to the default window sizes at any time.
    If a window has been resized manually and is therefore in the 'windowstate.xml' file of your campaign, that takes precedence over the extension. This enables you to manually configure any windows you'd like.

Last edited by Styrmir; October 24th, 2019 at 19:45.

5E Enhancer

[reserved]
    Last edited by Styrmir; October 17th, 2019 at 17:13.

5E Enhancer

[reserved]
    Last edited by Styrmir; October 17th, 2019 at 17:14.

5E Enhancer

[reserved]

5E Enhancer

[reserved]

5E Enhancer

[reserved]

5E Enhancer

Thread Information