DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Callum, I experience the same thing. I wish I had advice though, but I don’t. I just tweaked with it and a couple reboots and everything started working again. I have no idea what happened.

Delux, should we wait for your October release of sounds to get all the fixes?

If I'm understanding what you are trying to do and in case this helps (not sure if TS setup works the same as Discord), I use the Voicemeeter Banana setup between Discord, Discord ptb, Fantasy Grounds, and Syrinscape. I have the virtual A and B cable purchased and pipped between the two discord instances per ROb2e's Discord and FG sounds setup on Youtube. I ran into an issue a while back from a Windows Update similarly. I was able to go into the new "open Sound Settings" and adjust some things in the "App volume and device preferences" section found at the bottom (for me, it was mostly messing with Discord). There was also a discord update where they reset the settings, so I needed to set them back up. In Voicemeeter Banana, I reset my settings like Rob2e shows on his youtube for Discord setup. In FG, I have Sounds in the options turned to "on". Now, to get sounds to work, Here's what I do:

1. Open Voicemeetr Banana. Make sure Hardware Input 1 is set to your mic and has the B1 channel on. Make sure Hardware Input 2 is set to the VB Audio Cable A output and that both channel A1 and B1 are on. Make sure Hardware Input 3 is set to VB Audio Cable B output and that no channels are on. Under Virtual Inputs, make sure the first one under Voicemeeter Vaio has channel A1 on. The one with Voicemeeter Aux can be off. Make sure the Hardware Output is set for your physical headset speakers/speakers. Save your settings.

2. Go to the new "open Sound Settings," and make sure the output device is set to the Voicemeeter input (the VAIO one). Make sure the input device is set to the Voicemeeter Output (the VAIO one).

3. Open FG. Make sure sounds are on.

4. Open Discord - check to make sure the input device is set to the physical mic and output device is set to the VB Audio Cable A input. Make sure both have volume up to your preference.

5. Open Discord PTB - check to make the input device to the VB Audio Cable B output and output device is set to VB Audio Cable A input. Make sure input has full volume. Make sure output volume is turned to 0.

6. Go into the same voice chat room with both apps.

7. Go to the new "Open Sound Settings," and change the output and input to the Cable B option for both. Close the window to make sure the setting takes.

8. Open Syrinscape Desktop App. Wait for it to completely load up (you should see the buttons pop up at the bottom under a sound setting you select)

9. Go back to the new "Open Sound Settings," and change the output and input back to what it was in step 2 above. Close the window to make sure the setting takes.

10. Get a buddy other than you in the chat.

11. Go into Fantasy Grounds and type out a sound in the chat that you know activates a sound. I use lightning bolt. If you use the soundsets manually in Syrinscape, click one.

12. Hopefully, the other player and you on your speaker/headset both hear the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Delux, should we wait for your October release of sounds to get all the fixes?
    You've put me in a hard place with that question - on the one hand I'd like people to purchase each months Edition (like they would a magazine) because it helps me out, but on the other hand I can't really justify recommending people purchase a product that is "broken", if its on a dozen SoundeSets out of the several hundred that are in the Library. Yes, I'll try to get all the fixes (so far) out in October's Edition, but I can't garuntee it - especially if Syrinscape Updates more between now and then.

So its your choice - some people can afford $5 a month/Edition (its about the cost of a godd cup of coffee, after all), and some can't. <shrug>

(Oh, and BTW, irs "Dulux", not "Delux" - although I am rather "luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind", even if I do so so mayself. )
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Callum - I'm running into issues too. However, if I understand what you are saying, if you "Open Sound Settings" by right clicking on the speaker icon in your lower right tray, to the right there is a choice for "Sound Control Panel". If you choose it, you get the pop up menu that you would normally be accustomed. My issue is, they've renamed stuff in this last update and it's messed me up so the sound doesn't work...(I'll post that in a different post once I get exasperated enough trying to figure it out)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Callum - I'm running into issues too. However, if I understand what you are saying, if you "Open Sound Settings" by right clicking on the speaker icon in your lower right tray, to the right there is a choice for "Sound Control Panel". If you choose it, you get the pop up menu that you would normally be accustomed. My issue is, they've renamed stuff in this last update and it's messed me up so the sound doesn't work...(I'll post that in a different post once I get exasperated enough trying to figure it out)...
    You guys have me concerned. I'm not sure I have the recent windows update. Do you know which one it is? I will say that many times with a windows update it changes the names of my voicemeeter inputs and outputs and you have to look really closely at the names as it might look like it is the Voicemeeter Aux input for example but when you look at the detailed description, you realize it is Cable A. That happens to me more than I care to mention! I think the key is to not pay as much attention to the "bold" wording which you can change yourself if you want to rename an input/output, but rather focus on the "light colored" wording below the bold. For example, my Cable B Input has the "title" Cable B Input in Bold and underneath that is the description "VB Audio Cable C". What I always pay attention to is the VB Audio Cable C as that is the "true" input. Hope that helps.
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Hey Gwydion,
    Thanks for the reply. I had just gotten everything how I wanted it (with your help 2 days ago - lol) and then the update came and definitely changed the names etc. I'll go to my previous thread from two days ago and go over what I've done and not clutter this forum post. The post will be a long one so it may be in a bit when I get some time to write it down. I'm finding an issue also with Syrinscape where it's not even letting me click the buttons now when in Voicemeeter...

Blog Entries
    IME, when you get sounds working, screenshot everything so you know what a working configuration was. ��

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi LordEntrails - I agree - and it's something I do. However, that doesn't help for Windows Updates as they change the names of things (and that seems to affect Discord as well). I mean, cripes, I have an entry that is a Discord Input item after yesterday's Windows update that now reads: "Cable B Output (VB Audio Cable A)". SMH...The parenthetical is the one to go by and I'm hoping I've figured this thing out. If not, I'll be adding to a different forum thread. This thread isn't a good place for this as Dulux's extension rocks and has nothing to do with this!

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    You've put me in a hard place with that question - on the one hand I'd like people to purchase each months Edition (like they would a magazine) because it helps me out, but on the other hand I can't really justify recommending people purchase a product that is "broken", if its on a dozen SoundeSets out of the several hundred that are in the Library. Yes, I'll try to get all the fixes (so far) out in October's Edition, but I can't garuntee it - especially if Syrinscape Updates more between now and then.

So its your choice - some people can afford $5 a month/Edition (its about the cost of a godd cup of coffee, after all), and some can't. <shrug>

(Oh, and BTW, irs "Dulux", not "Delux" - although I am rather "luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind", even if I do so so mayself. )
    OMG I am so embarrassed. Sorry about that.
    I think that Syrinscape doing those updates was out of your control, and therefore does not meet the unspoken agreement of free fixes. If they buy into it now, then they are good to go.
    On a personal note I can't do the $5 a month, but I do try to do every other month.

Thank you Zacchaeus!

Thread Information