5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    So if I just type out the name it will auto load the spell for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    So if I just type out the name it will auto load the spell for me?
    Yes. It's a feature that Moon Wizard built into FG in the last update. If the spells are listed (either in Spellcasting trait or Innate Spellcasting) then FG will attempt to populate the Combat Tracker with the spells and set up all of the attacks, saves and damage for the spell as well as setting up as many of the effects that it can.

If you set up the stat block like I posted above and in the screenshot then the magic should happen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Thanks Zach, I will check what is in my module. Since I created a bunch of custom NPCs (things like goblin variants) and have creted encounters and added them to the encounters, am I going to need to update every encounter? My understanding is once I add them to the encounter it make a copy/instance of them and they are no longer tied to the entry in the NPC list. Is that right?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks Zach, I will check what is in my module. Since I created a bunch of custom NPCs (things like goblin variants) and have creted encounters and added them to the encounters, am I going to need to update every encounter? My understanding is once I add them to the encounter it make a copy/instance of them and they are no longer tied to the entry in the NPC list. Is that right?
    No you should be able to edit the NPC in the NPCs tab and any edits you make there will follow through into the encounters. Also if you do edit an NPC in one encounter then you will have effectively edited it for any encounter that the same NPC appears in.

Edit: Unless of course you populated your encounters by dragging directly from the Monster Manual and then edited the NPC in the encounter. If that's the case then you won't have a copy in the NPCs tab.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 2nd, 2016 at 11:52.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

From the testing I just did, at minimum the following format must be used.

Attachment 13924

I was curious how much syntax I would have to try and remember when creating new NPCs.

Is there a pdf, or wiki that has further information as to what syntax can be used in NPC stat blocks? I know the fantasy grounds wiki that I usually reference indicates that many of abilities and traits can be replicated from preexisting NPC blocks.
    Last edited by Kontroar; May 2nd, 2016 at 14:33. Reason: Attempted to remove the previous attached file/thumnail.
    This chasm, that has been naught to me,
    To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be.
    He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
    Good friend, I am building the bridge for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontroar View Post
    From the testing I just did, at minimum the following format must be used.

I was curious how much syntax I would have to try and remember when creating new NPCs.

Is there a pdf, or wiki that has further information as to what syntax can be used in NPC stat blocks? I know the fantasy grounds wiki that I usually reference indicates that many of abilities and traits can be replicated from preexisting NPC blocks.
    No, but when I get the chance I'll update the NPC sheet in the 5e Wiki.

Your best bet at the moment is to have a look at how things are worded in the Monster Manual. The FG parser follows that when trying to decipher stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontroar View Post
    This video contains that information for now:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No you should be able to edit the NPC in the NPCs tab and any edits you make there will follow through into the encounters. Also if you do edit an NPC in one encounter then you will have effectively edited it for any encounter that the same NPC appears in.

Edit: Unless of course you populated your encounters by dragging directly from the Monster Manual and then edited the NPC in the encounter. If that's the case then you won't have a copy in the NPCs tab.
    Thanks again. My process was to drop from the NPC list/table and not the MM/SRD. But, can't guarantee that I never did at 3am...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I actually used various creatures from the MM to solve the problems. I think in some cases I might have missed a space or , but on the whole it worked.

Don't want to get in to exact info since some of my players read the forums and they haven't encountered him yet ��

Thread Information