5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Removing Dice from the Table Top

Well, with a little help from several folks on the forum, digging through a couple of extensions (especially Move Dice) I was able to work up an extension that successfully removes dice from the table top.
    The extension, as it stands, removes all dice except the d10 but I documented it pretty heavily so you should be able to set it to show whatever dice you want fairly easily.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for this. I think the dice are super obnoxious, so I edited it to remove all of them (and get rid of whatever the dF die is, so that it works for 5e without errors). You can still roll whatever you want in game with: /die [NdN+NdN+N] <message> (ie /die 1d8+1d6+3 I deal damage with my flaming longsword), or better yet drag your chat input containing "/die 1d20" to your hotkey bar. That way you can roll instantly with one click and never have to reposition your dice again.

So, how do you add dice to weapons? Or customize the table rolling? You have to drag the dice to modify those - you can't drag a "/die xxx" string...

I think the idea is that you roll real dice rather than virtual ones but I could be wrong. Otherwise I'm not too sure why you'd want to remove the dice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    So, how do you add dice to weapons? Or customize the table rolling? You have to drag the dice to modify those - you can't drag a "/die xxx" string...
    Sure you can dude. Type "/die 1d8+2d6+3 I deal damage with my longsword" into the chat text box and then instead of hitting enter drag it to your macro bar.

Although, I wouldn't make a lot of macros like that. I play with the character sheets. If you want to deal damage with your longsword, you target the mob (by holding ctrl and clicking it) and then double clicking the damage on your longsword in your character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think the idea is that you roll real dice rather than virtual ones but I could be wrong. Otherwise I'm not too sure why you'd want to remove the dice.
    The dice waste screen real estate and are redundant. You don't need them. They're just in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You would have to create a new weapon with the new damage. For the tables you don't actually need any dice in the dice box unless you want to roll something non standard such as d6+d8. If you do want to have a non standard roll though it wouldn't be possible without the dice.

It's still fascinating to see just how flexible FG is though, that it can even cater for this kind of thing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It doesn't remove all dice. The plus minus die from Fate is still there. How to I get rid of that?

Vires Animim

Quote Originally Posted by Fudly View Post
    Sure you can dude. Type "/die 1d8+2d6+3 I deal damage with my longsword" into the chat text box and then instead of hitting enter drag it to your macro bar.
    That doesn't apply the damage automatically to the target. And if you want to customize the dice the weapon does, you cannot do so without having dice to drag.

Thread Information