5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Warhammer 40k Deathwatch oneshot

Looking to run a one shot Deathwatch game, want to test out the system, mission system seems to be good for a one shot.

Also looking for the potential to start a long term group depending on how things go.

No date or time yet, although would like to start in early May.

Day of the week will be Weekday (Tuesday-Friday), will have to be morning time. Thinking of 9am PST give or take a few hours for start.

**NOTE** Im doing the same thing when I started my star wars game, this game will use premades made by me using only base rulebook. I want to get a baseline of abilities and stats without players making their own niche. I am learning this system and don't want to be flipping through books for learning. For a long term game all options will be made open and character creation from other books.

**NOTE** As with the premades, I have many ideas for making missions. But the staring Oneshot will most likely use one of the premade short adventures, possible from the base rulebook. So I know it may annoy some of you that have already read through it and or done it previously. Think of the first Oneshot as a way of seeing if the group meshes with eachother to continue playing into a long term campaign.

Apply on the game calendar
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1949
    Last edited by Hurske; April 21st, 2016 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurske View Post
    Looking to run a one shot Deathwatch game, want to test out the system, mission system seems to be good for a one shot.

Also looking for the potential to start a long term group depending on how things go.

No date or time yet, although would like to start in early May.

Day of the week will be Weekday (Tuesday-Friday), will have to be morning time. Thinking of 9am PST give or take a few hours for start.

Apply on the game calendar
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1949
    I wouldnt mind playing a 1 shot, given the date and time. ☺

Hey! Your the man that made the ruleset for fantasygrounds right. Nice work on that, took me a bit to start figuring out all the little bells and whistles on the pages.

Thanks! Took me a while to figure out how those bells and whistles worked too Got any questions about it, let me know.

Hurske, count me in, depending on the date you decide. The timing should be good for me though! I've signed up on the calendar.

Jolly, I still fondly remember your Black Crusade FG Con one-shot! Good to seeya around!
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

Went ahead and posted to the FFG forums for players too!

40k is by far my favorite universe. I'm in for anything, one shot, long term, Deathwatch, Black Crusade. I am so happy to see someone running one.

I love the setting myself. I run both Dnd (5th ed) and Star Wars (FFG), although I love both systems, they are not tactical, and I want to scratch that itch. So blowing up filthy xenos, removing the heads from heretics and blowing stuff up sounds fun.

I really would like to turn this into a long term game.

Hey,

I came over from the ffg forums to express interest - I've been GMing for a long time, so I get to play only occasionally, which is a pity. I'm hoping to remedy this by signing up here

Sadly, my gaming time is fairly limited by a 9-5 office job and the fact that I'm located in the GMT+1 timezone, so it's gonna be tight, but if there's any chance we can make this work, I'm in.

Alright fellas, looks like I have enough to start working on a time. Post on here and on the calendar what times and days of the week is best for you, so we can form a group play time.

Thread Information