FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyBoe View Post
    It does not? Then why get ultimate?
    Its intended for GMs.
    If a GM has Ultimate anyone else can connect.

This works

GM Ultimate
    Player Demo
    Player Demo
    Player Demo
    Player Demo

This works

GM Ultimate
    Player Standard
    Player Standard
    Player Demo
    Player Demo

This works

GM Ultimate
    Player Ultimate
    Player Standard
    Player Demo
    Player Demo

This works

GM Standard
    Player Standard
    Player Standard
    Player Standard
    Player Standard

This works

GM Standard
    Player Ultimate
    Player Ultimate
    Player Standard
    Player Standard

This doesnt work

GM Demo
    Player Ultimate
    Player Demo
    Player Demo
    Player Demo

This doesnt work

GM Standard
    Player Ultimate
    Player Demo
    Player Demo
    Player Demo

It does not? Then why get ultimate?
    Damned was referring to a player, not the GM, having ultimate.

If a player has ultimate, as far as player functionality goes, it's basically a standard license - they can connect to GMs with Ultimate or Standard licenses.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Damned was referring to a player, not the GM, having ultimate.
    Oops misread that. Thanks guys, that clears it up.
    All kinds of everything, and ...

Hi Guys,

I got FG during the sale a week ago and we started playing with some friends. Now more people want in, and I am reading up on this, and I wonder, are these three statements still valid today, With FG + SW Deluxe over steam?

1. The players only need to buy a license and the books if they want to create / update their characters without connecting to the DM's computer between sessions
    2. Only one person, needs the Ultimate license. If one person has the Ultimate license, then everyone else can have the Free edition of the game.
    3. If the DM gets the total package, then the DM can allow connected players to have access to those materials for building characters and the like. Do note, that the players will only have access to those materials while they are logged into the DM's host server while a game is being hosted. If players want offline access to those materials, they will each need their own.

Thanks in advance for your clarification!

Rudy
    I didn't see anyone else answer 1 and 3 for you, 1. maybe, 3. yes.

For #1 it is possible to create a character yourself using your hardback books and manually coding whatever you need then import it to your game with your DM. Similarly you can have the DM export your character and you update it using manually created stuff based on your hardback books. This is a lot more work, but you can do it. Most people who are new won't want to and would need help. The fantasy grounds college will happily help.
    https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

I have a couple of players who are learning how to create effects, items, spells, etc in fantasy grounds and they can do a lot without my modules. Most players don't want to. Drag and drop is just so much more convenient that they are happy to wait until I can log in. Though I do sometimes leave the campaign up and running while I'm at work so they can access it.

Thread Information