DICE PACKS BUNDLE

IFT syntax question

I'm trying to create a custom weapon that will do an extra 1d8 damage to undead and fiends. I've searched for information but find different threads that seem to indicate the syntax has changed. Is this where I would use IFT? If so, what is the proper syntax, and where does it go where it will be automatically figured when the player rolls damage? I initially read that I had to create an effect and use IFT: TYPE (undead, fiend); DMG:1d8. But, that's not working.

Hi htcmicah and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the community.

The effect which you have above is correct. You would create the effect as an action in the player's action tab with a target of SELF. To operate the effect the player would need to click on the running man icon to place it on themselves. It will appear on the combat tracker and when they next damage an undead or fiend an additional d8 of damage will be done.

There is a drawback however in that FG cannot detect that the damage is coming from a specific weapon and so it will fire whenever damage is done from whatever source. There isn't an easy way around this except perhaps the player only placing the effect on themselves when they wield that particular weapon and the target is undead or a fiend. This kinda negates the need for the IFT part since all you would need then is DMG: 1d8. However as long as the DM is alert then any incorrect damage can always be reversed.

You can get a whole load of info on effects from this wiki article.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah! It was the setting target to self part I didn't have right. Thanks a bunch!

Thread Information