STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

CoreRPG Question: MoreCore

So it's been awhile, but I'm trying out the CoreRPG ruleset again since I've noticed it has received quite a few updates.

I've got two questions:

First is the 'Primary Attributes' which is located on the MoreCore character sheet. It's not editable, it's blank and regardless of what I do in the other sections, nothing gets added to it.

What exactly is the purpose of it, cause it doesn't seem to be displaying anything.

My other question is; is there any way to disable the alphabetical order of the Attributes/Skills section. It is proving to be more of a hindrance than a blessing.

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Hi Xydonus - the primary Attributes is incomplete at this time. Still working out what to put there.
    No the sort order is fixed at Alphabetical. You may find this works for you (or not) -
    Use Groups and Number the Groups and then let the items order alpha under that or you would need to number them too.

eg
    01. Attributes
    Charisma (16)
    Constitution (13)
    Dexterity (9)
    Intelligence (12)
    Strength (10)
    Wisdom (16)
    02. Basic Moves
    Aid/Interfere
    Defend
    Defy Danger
    Discern Realities
    Hack&Slash
    parley
    03. Special Moves
    Carouse
    Encumbrance
    Last Breath
    Level Up

Cheers Damned. Yeah that's the method I ended up using, unfortunately I found it too cluttered to be feasible as I was planning on a potential move from the WFRP 2nd Ed ruleset to CoreRPG, but right now it gets heavily cluttered and the character window is also quite small. So I'll be leaving it for now.

Cheers though!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    No the sort order is fixed at Alphabetical. You may find this works for you (or not) -
    Hmm....Sorry for interjecting here, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is why I'm having issues with Inventory Items and Locations bouncing all over the place on the character sheets. Someone seems to have an unhealthy attachment to Alphabetical...=) I usually have the same attachment, to be honest, but it sure is a thorn when it comes to certain things.

Peace.
    LordV

Blog Entries
    Having the ability to drag and drop them into your own order add s a significant degree of complexity. Having them unordered makes finding items more challenging... hence ordering them makes the most sense....

@damned

I have to voice my agreement here. Having some sort of order is best. Alphabetical just seems logical and is something everyone understands.

Vires Animi

how do you code a -2 dice penalty to all rolls on an effect in morecore?

ex: roll 5d6 would be 3d6

Blog Entries
    Hi antaskidayo this thread is about the older MoreCore extension which has been replaced by the ruleset.
    Anyways... Effects are extremely complex pieces of coding and are very dependant on understand all the rules that apply to that ruleset. MoreCore (or any other generic system) cant know that stuff. However... if you can describe in more detail exactly how and what you are trying to do I might be able to suggest how this would work.

What game system?
    What is the core dice mechanic?
    How do you build your rolls?
    etc

Hi i was planning to use MoreCore with Shadowrun 5ED, as the 4ED pak doesnt work with a newbie like me.

I got the /successes working with the char sheet and npcs. I just need the -dice on the effects and its all set

Thread Information