STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unable to Create Character Offline

When I attempt to create a character offline/outside of a campaign, I get the following error message:
    Attachment 13594

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Re-run the updater. If it still doesnt work click on the folder icon top right of the splash screen, go to rulesets and delere CoreRPG.pak and then rerun the updater.
    Also make sure you dont have any unpacked folders called CoreRPG...

Well that worked, sort of. Now I can't access any of my modules in my library, such as the 5E Deluxe Players Handbook, or any of the 5e Basic Books. I also have the Sword Coasts Adventures modules and the Deluxe DM Guide for 5E.Attachment 13595

Blog Entries
    Delete the content.dat file.
    Make sure that you have your forum username and password entered and if you bought from Steam make sure you tick the box to check steam for dlc and that steam is running....
    And then run the updater again.

Actually... do you have a license? If you only have a demo license then you dont have these. You only have them when you are connected to the GM.

I do have a full License. User Name and password are entered, and license key is correct.

Unfortunately, deleting content.dat and updating did not work. But when I was updating, I saw it pulling down and installing all the modules I have.

Blog Entries
    If you catch me online Ill login and have a look with you. Crazy busy for the net few days though...

That screenshot looks like it's showing the modules that are compatible with the CoreRPG ruleset. Double check which ruleset you are selecting when you start Manage Characters. Open a new Character and make sure it's for the correct system.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    It is a 5e desktop though.
    Have you unpacked a 5e ruleset so that you can look at the code or tweak it or whatever?
    Did you unpack it into a folder called something other than 5e?
    Did you then create this campaign using this "other" ruleset?

I have the main program installed to C:\FantasyGrounds Attachment 13620

I'm not sure what you mean by unpacking the ruleset. I didn't have to do anything before, when I first got FantasyGrounds. I am trying to make a character off line outside of a Campaign.

Damned, when are you usually online? I am in US Eastern Daylight time.

Trenloe, I have ensured that I am selecting the 5E ruleset (several times) when I am in the Manage Character Menu.

Check your FG data directory (click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen) and see if there is a content.dat file there. How big is it (file size)? Also, is there a content.dat.tmp file there too? If so, how big is it?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information