STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Hi, These files wont open on my computer. Is there a special program that I need to view them? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekerwin View Post
    Hi, These files wont open on my computer. Is there a special program that I need to view them? Thanks
    Welcome to the forums.

The maps are in the Fantasy Grounds library module format - for opening within Fantasy Grounds.

Information on these available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erview#Modules and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

You could also change the .mod file extension to .zip and then unzip the files to look at the contents.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey, I was adding LOS (just got FGU) and would share them with you FGU users out there if possible. However, when I was working, I found what appear to be errors in the Castle Lvl 3 map... for example 4.03.19 K19 Grand Landing is nowhere to be seen. Did you alter the maps to facilitate the transition to 2D? If I can figure this out, I will keep going, and will be happy to share the maps with line of sight - if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectConsumer View Post
    Hey, I was adding LOS (just got FGU) and would share them with you FGU users out there if possible. However, when I was working, I found what appear to be errors in the Castle Lvl 3 map... for example 4.03.19 K19 Grand Landing is nowhere to be seen. Did you alter the maps to facilitate the transition to 2D? If I can figure this out, I will keep going, and will be happy to share the maps with line of sight - if possible.
    Yeah, it's quite possible that there are missing bits - they were done very quickly so are nothing like perfect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do you know if there's a way to share my maps after adding line of sight Etc? Would that even work? I'd be happy to post them here for provide them to you if you're using fantasy grounds Unity.

Thanks so much everyone!
    And i would definitely appreciate LOS maps if someone can make them.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectConsumer View Post
    Do you know if there's a way to share my maps after adding line of sight Etc? Would that even work? I'd be happy to post them here for provide them to you if you're using fantasy grounds Unity.
    If you open up the campaign folder that you drew the LoS in you'll see another folder called modulebd. Inside that is will be an xml file with the name of the map module. Attach that file to a post here and I'll add the LoS to the map module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK I will do that when I finish them. Unfortunately, when I try to add the encounter NPCs to the map I am getting an error in FGU, and am working with support to resolve this, but when I finish all the maps I will absolutely return here to share those maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you open up the campaign folder that you drew the LoS in you'll see another folder called modulebd. Inside that is will be an xml file with the name of the map module. Attach that file to a post here and I'll add the LoS to the map module.
    I finished the LOS process, but as I used the maps from a similar post made on the Cartographer's Guild, I wanted to wait until I got permission to hand over that user's modified maps first. Here's a link to the vanilla maps I have edited:
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=40541

Should I get permission from the creator, I will be back with the files. Should I not get permission, I will request the creator post them on the Cartographer's guild, and will return here with a link.

PS - I also went to great lengths putting in all the pins. Will that carry over? If not, users can expect several hours pinning the maps themselves, so I sure hope that carries over.

I've sent a PM to Gumyr on Cartographer's Guild asking if it's OK to post LOS variants of his 2D Strahd maps. I will return when I get a reply. I sure hope the pins I meticulously added to the maps will carry over - that was one of the most challenging aspects of doing this - all those staircases!

Also, Zacchaeus: I don't know what you mean by "map module"... these were just images I imported into the game in a rather clunky fashion one by one using the FGU guide. It's not a consolidated package or anything like that, unless FGU does that itself after I added them.
    Last edited by PerfectConsumer; May 9th, 2020 at 20:44.

Thread Information