STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 40 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    That would be awesome. I cobbled together something using LibreOffice where I can plug information into a database then use a document merge to generate the text files for using in Par5e to process. Was extremely crude but it seemed to work ok for the most part. Unfortunately I had to abandon it due to RL workload. I should probably dig it back out and tweak it some more.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    I'll follow the progress as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    So people who are following this thread look back here maybe next month for a full fledged class parser.
    Yay! Thanks dude.

Also, is there anything I can offer my help with?

This is a great tool. I can't seem to get the Speed field to 'work'. I type '30' or '30 ft' or whatever and nothing appears in the right-hand pane. All the other fields seem to function as expected, though.

Thanks for your work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Also, is there anything I can offer my help with?
    Once its done I could sure use some peeps to test it out

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    This is a great tool. I can't seem to get the Speed field to 'work'. I type '30' or '30 ft' or whatever and nothing appears in the right-hand pane. All the other fields seem to function as expected, though.

Thanks for your work on this.
    That's odd, will have a look and get back.

Edit: Confirmed that the speed stat is acting weird, will have a look when I do a revision.
    Last edited by kp9911; October 3rd, 2016 at 20:22.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    Once its done I could sure use some peeps to test it out

That's odd, will have a look and get back.
    I have all of the stuff I want to parse from the last 6 months sitting there waiting to test

001A: Developers Ramblings (So I thought any of us could use the blog feature until I checked the FAQ lol.)

Understanding the reason you are programming a process is the very first thing you should ever do as a developer, it really helps sets the pace and gives you a nice list of things to do.

After meeting some success with the NPC parser I thought I would try my hand at the next best thing a full fledged class parser (Inspired by Dammed :P). So after carefully looking through the existing process and dissecting one of the client.xml's of a class I had already done with the help of par5e I noticed a lot of interesting things. Apart from normal blocks such as hit dice and proficiency modifiers, we had mixed with it all a lot of tables, lists and links to other parts of the module or even other modules for that matter.
    It is after this revision I realized that in my original attempt at creating the parser I had made a mistake, I had not anticipated tables and lists and links everywhere, this bought me back to actually understand Zeus's method. In the text files for par5e, it probably reads on a line by line basis so there is no way I could reuse things from the code of the NPC parser since it was based on stacks and blocks and expected details to be in line and well formatted.
    It was probably at this point I had given up on the class parser as the work to create a new one from scratch was alarming! And along with a new job and role was well down right difficult. However this time I can understand the complexity of the task ahead and hopefully I can plan better. Safe to say I need to take a dynamic approach rather than a rigid one I had adapted to with the Creature Creator.
    Last edited by kp9911; October 4th, 2016 at 20:05.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with requiring the data to be input in a specific stat block format.... par5e certainly does.

Thread Information