FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 38 of 40 First ... 283637383940 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bogie1989 View Post
    Wish there was a way I can help done think I can thou been teaching myself how to program with visual studio but the understanding on what's going on is slow and complicated
    Mighty fine undertaking! Wish you all the best, its a bit harder to pick up if you dont already have the background, however if you have some patience its very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    When entering race details I am assuming this is just text that I add. How do I make a line in that text bold, italics, or a header. Is there a markup tag I need to put at the front and back, just the front or do I just copy and paste italic text.
    Bold <b> </b>
    Italic <i> </i>
    Underline <u> </u>

However I dont think I have really gone too deep into this type of text formatting, for now I think only bold will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    Under race traits do all I need to put is:
    Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution score increases by 2.
    Size: Your size is Medium.
    This is correct, its one trait per line.

PS: I have not been able to make any progress off late since I've real life things to deal with, also I just recently picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 so my time is literally being eaten alive by this wonderful game.
    Last edited by kp9911; September 17th, 2017 at 18:39.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    Mighty fine undertaking! Wish you all the best, its a bit harder to pick up if you dont already have the background, however if you have some patience its very rewarding.

Bold <b> </b>
    Italic <i> </i>
    Underline <u> </u>

However I dont think I have really gone too deep into this type of text formatting, for now I think only bold will work.

This is correct, its one trait per line.

PS: I have not been able to make any progress off late since I've real life things to deal with, also I just recently picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 so my time is literally being eaten alive by this wonderful game.
    Only dabbled in it when I went to a vocational school for 3 years for the information technology program mainly focused on tech and repair because that is what I wanted to do is fix computers now I work at walmart 10 years later

Hi, folks.

Old-time gamer, new to 5e, FG, and this parsing program.

I got a very simple 5e adventure to learn on, and I've been trying to build it using the methods described for the previous, no-longer-available program. When I try to create the .mod file, I get an error. Unfortunately, the error dialog won't allow me to select the text to copy it. The first part of the error message mentions that '<' is an unexpected token, that it should be ';' at position 345 on line 1.

Any guidance would be most welcome.

I love messing with stuff like this. Was going to play with Par5e, but I apparently came in quite a bit too late.

Do you have any '&' in your file. These are known to create issues like this.

Maybe the error was because I had a line with --. At least, when I removed that line I was able to successfully parse the file.

I finally found the manual for your program (it wasn't in te archive I initially downloaded), but it doesn't seem to cover the story building part, so I'm using a process of experimenting with buttons combines with looking at the raw XML to try to figure out how it all works.

Thanks for responding.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

I have a picture in the \images folder under the folder where my text files are stored. The path to the folder is defined in Image Files on the Parser page. I'm using this line in my story.txt file to link to the image:
    #zal;IMG;*;Image:Map of the Tomb.jpg;Map of the Tomb.jpg

I tried changing the spaces in the filename to underscores, but it didn't make any difference.

And this is the error message I get:
    Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active Library modules.

If I try to open the map directly from Images & Maps, I get:
    Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Map of the Tomb.jpg)

I created the link by double-clicking the image file with Image Links selected on the left side of the FD5eParser window.

I'm not familiar enough with this package but #zal; is used to link to something in another module. If your image is in the same module as your Story then you should use #zl;
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with this package but #zal; is used to link to something in another module. If your image is in the same module as your Story then you should use #zl;
    Seems like something worth trying.

Okay, tried using just #zl; It is no longer a link when I look at it in FG.

FG_cap01.jpg

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with this package. If this were par5e then the link should be #zl;image;imagename.jpg;<optional title>. Not sure what else to suggest.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There is a weird interaction when using images, in order to get it to work you need to unzip and rezip the .Mod

Currently the path with in the mod is /something when it should be \something

Thread Information