FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 40 First 123412 ... Last
    Update: I digress I cannot work on this anymore at the moment, my laptop rolled a 1 and suffered a fatality. Once I get a new one, I will be back with rest of the TO DO list.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    May the dice gods show you their other face next time.
    Do not worry Damned, I was able to salvage the magical device that converts sacred texts to monsters! It is safe in my hard disk of holding, all is not lost! Once I complete the necessary transmutation circles, I will be able to start that was not finished! Even a Lich cannot best me at necromancy.

PS: I was able to get the spellcasting feature out, parsing spellcasters was a breeze after that.

Would you consider making this open source? I actually took the liberty of DotPeeking it to make sure there was nothing untoward going on there, and it looked clean and solid to me, so I ran it, but I'm the type of person that won't run a random .exe from an unfamiliar source without peeking at what's inside first. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for developing this, it's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Would you consider making this open source? I actually took the liberty of DotPeeking it to make sure there was nothing untoward going on there, and it looked clean and solid to me, so I ran it, but I'm the type of person that won't run a random .exe from an unfamiliar source without peeking at what's inside first. Hope you don't mind. Thanks for developing this, it's pretty neat.
    Haha no worries, that can be arranged for however unfortunately you would need to wait a bit since my laptop got toasted and it will be awhile before I can get it back up

Hmm I'm running into an issue. Can't tell if I am doing something wrong with this or with Par5e.

I tried using it with the Knight NPC, copying from monster manual.
    Clicked Add to list and selected the npcs.txt file in my Par5e Module path folder.
    Then Used Par5E and pressed parse with both cmp and ref selected.

But its giving me a warning (shown below) and when I open the mod in FG I don't see the npc.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
    Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
    Info : module .................................................. .................... [Derek Custom NPCs]
    Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
    Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]
    Parse : npc .................................................. ........................ [KNIGHT - WARNING]
    Parse : npcs .................................................. .............................. [Completed]
    Make : npcs windowlists .................................................. .................. [Completed]
    Make : npcs (campaign) .................................................. ................... [Completed]
    Make : npcs (reference) .................................................. .................. [Completed]

Hmm I'm running into an issue. Can't tell if I am doing something wrong with this or with Par5e.

I tried using it with the Knight NPC, copying from monster manual.
    Clicked Add to list and selected the npcs.txt file in my Par5e Module path folder.
    Then Used Par5E and pressed parse with both cmp and ref selected.

But its giving me a warning and when I open the mod in FG I don't see the npc.

EDIT:
    I narrowed it down to being something with the way this tool added it to the npcs.txt file, because I added another npc to the file by copying and pasting directly from the Par5e example and that one worked. So I must have entered something wrong when putting the text into this tool i guess?

I gradually replaced the knights text in the .txt file with the commoners wording and eventually it worked, but I could not narrow down what the issue was. I checked for doubles spaces and spaces inside of words and stuff, but that didn't seem to be it. No clue.
    Last edited by Mad Nomad; April 12th, 2016 at 05:35.

The most common thing could be the speed, make sure it looks like 10 feet rather than 10feet.

Also a language would be required, I think it's not specified yet there.

Thanks, that helped. I think I figured it out. I think I forgot the (1d8) after the hit point total.
    A nice feature enhancement might be to show the required syntax next to the input fields in the form so you can quickly double check to make sure what you've copied in matches.
    This would be especially useful when trying to do what I am ultimately aiming at, which is copying from a 3rd party source, where it doesn't even follow the syntax exactly. For example, I'm using this 3rd party tool https://rpgtinker.com/ to generate some random NPCs, then copy/pasting them into this form, making some minor tweaks to their syntax, to quickly create custom npcs I can use in game.

Good suggestion, I'll make a note of it.

Thread Information