5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 17 of 40 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    PDFs really are space monsters.

Feature links within a feature

In a custom class that I'm parsing, I have a "Fighting Style" feature Archery, Defense, Dueling & Great Weapon Fighting (in this case). I have successfully created the feature and can use it but I want to make it more functional, is it possible to create (what I'll call) sub-feature links so I can drag the desired style to character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by KlatuB View Post
    In a custom class that I'm parsing, I have a "Fighting Style" feature Archery, Defense, Dueling & Great Weapon Fighting (in this case). I have successfully created the feature and can use it but I want to make it more functional, is it possible to create (what I'll call) sub-feature links so I can drag the desired style to character sheet.
    Not in the current version of Fantasy Grounds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by KlatuB View Post
    I did it like this:

#abh;Class Abilities
    #ab;Fighting Style L1
    You adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options. You can’t take a Fighting Style option more than once, even if you later get to choose again.
    #abf;Archery;1
    You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
    #abf;Defense;1
    While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.
    #abf;Dueling;1

Interesting, so this does not effect the actual archetype paths?
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

I'll have to retest this in the new version.
    When i did it, there was no automatism in the archtype paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegroo View Post
    I did it like this:

#abh;Class Abilities
    #ab;Fighting Style L1
    You adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options. You can’t take a Fighting Style option more than once, even if you later get to choose again.
    #abf;Archery;1
    You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
    #abf;Defense;1
    While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.
    #abf;Dueling;1
    I doubt this would work actually since the heading (the abh; part) needs to be the name of the archetype. So if you have an earlier #fe;Martial Archetype then unless your #abh; is also Martial Archetype I don't think FG will find the archetypes. Additionally once you've chosen the fighting style, assuming tht worked, I don't think it will then allow an archetype to be selected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As i've done it with the public version i get no automatic pop up for the archtype, but have to chose manually.

I took Fighting style and had to add the style manually.
    At level 3 i took 'Archfighter' manually (It has features at L 3, 7, 10, 15 18
    The L3 feature i had to add manually, but the L 7,10... features got added automaticaly.

So it works in a kind of way

Attachment 16722
    Last edited by Thegroo; December 2nd, 2016 at 19:33.

Were you able to get the same result with this parser?
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

I can't parse the class at the moment. I get an error: something went wrong when analysing 'EntityName' (or so. original is in german).
    I first have to hunt this error down.

Thread Information