DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 40 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I was hoping for a GUI that had a template to fill out and where I could just cut and paste the text from the write-ups.

Probably just was being too lazy and trying to avoid learning XML mark-up. Will just have to learn it, I guess.

With a UA every week for a while, an way to use class parser would be very helpful.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

That's exactly what's coming up. Look back here later I'll most likely get it done just some testing left now from my side
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Have you given any thought to adding reference parsing functionality too? Really nice job on the Class and Creature parsers.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

If you're taking about zal and zl tags then yes some of them are already implemented.

If you're talking about the reference manual section in the module then that's a yes as well. I am going module by module until I manage to get the entire parser working. However do note that this takes a lot of time and fabricating a ui is actually more tedious than just the parser itself. And coupled with the fact that I primarily get to work with this mostly on weekends it's taking a lot longer.

Blog Entries
    I have figuring out par5e on my list in the theory that it will help to learn this program as well. Hopefully you can do a short user instruction as well as part of the GUI.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    If you're taking about zal and zl tags then yes some of them are already implemented.

If you're talking about the reference manual section in the module then that's a yes as well. I am going module by module until I manage to get the entire parser working. However do note that this takes a lot of time and fabricating a ui is actually more tedious than just the parser itself. And coupled with the fact that I primarily get to work with this mostly on weekends it's taking a lot longer.
    I'm talking about the reference manual section for creating rule reference manuals. I write code for a living and I can appreciate the time you have invested in putting this together. Luckily, it is much easier to put together an UI in WPF, especially if you aren't needing to do anything fancy to start. I'm currently working on creating the ruleset and modules for Swords & Wizardry and if I can find time between work, grad school, other miscellaneous adulting, and finishing the S&W work, I would be glad to help. I'm not sure if you are interested in forking your code on github or not, but I figured I would offer. Much like you, my time is limited and I work on things as I have a few spare minutes here and there.

In the meantime, I'll continue to use par5e. It is a bit finicky but it works well enough.

Anyway, thanks again for putting this together. Your work is appreciated.

Patrick/Zhern
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

You're welcome to fork it! WPF is what I wanted but it was too difficult to work with since I had no prior info on.

Okay, sounds good. I'll take a look at it. I believe I saw the link to your github somewhere but I can't recall where. Mind sharing it again?

What are you thinking about for UI if not WPF? There aren't many alternatives anymore for a windows app.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

The link is on the front page and I'm not sure the code is optimized to work with WPF since I'm aware you need the mvvm format.

The ui I'm using currently is just simply windows forms

EDIT: Just in case you cannot find it CLICK ME.
    Last edited by kp9911; November 16th, 2016 at 14:42.

Thanks! I'll take a look at it. It might be easy enough to refactor so that WPF integration is easy. However, if you have already started on UI creation then I will look into the other parsing functionality.

Again, great job putting this all together!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information