STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 40 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    And then I make a new table for the spells by level? In the actual document it is all one giant table.

And the proficiency update, goes from +2 to +3 and so on as you level up. Where does that go and it is automatic if you drag and drop as you level up?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

You can make it one table but it's gonna look squashed.

The proficiency bonus if I'm not mistaken is that's handled exclusively by the app and not by the XML in and way.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Blog Entries
    I am slowly working through creating the UA ranger.

What about spellcasting ability? Where is that added in the class parser and does it produce a mod that automatically updates spells and such when you level up? Dragging and dropping the class name like the PHB classes?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

FG5EParse Error

kp9911, I love the program so far, it has saved me loads of time and formatting headaches from manually creating class entries. So far I been using the program to just create the file so I can use par5e to create the module, I have tried to use your program (parse button) to create the module but I keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException errors. The attached screenshot shows the path information and the error that is displayed after about a minute. I have tried both the file I created with your program and your "tutorial.txt" file. I have also attached the class.txt file, the file will parse in Zeus's program.
    Attachment 16677

Is there any chance of #zal;npc; support?
    Especially useful with monsters that summon allies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I am slowly working through creating the UA ranger.

What about spellcasting ability? Where is that added in the class parser and does it produce a mod that automatically updates spells and such when you level up? Dragging and dropping the class name like the PHB classes?
    Hey Myrdin, most of these details that you speak of are more or less handled by FG internally. I will still have a look to see if anything else would be required in the xml should it change for spell casters, but so far I've not run into any issues parsing my own classes.

Spell casting ability is generally a feature in the class and flows along the lines of... just have a look see at the PDF you're using it should be described in a similar way below.

Code:
    <b>Spell save DC</b> = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier
    <b>Spell attack modifier</b> = your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KlatuB View Post
    kp9911, I love the program so far, it has saved me loads of time and formatting headaches from manually creating class entries. So far I been using the program to just create the file so I can use par5e to create the module, I have tried to use your program (parse button) to create the module but I keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException errors. The attached screenshot shows the path information and the error that is displayed after about a minute. I have tried both the file I created with your program and your "tutorial.txt" file. I have also attached the class.txt file, the file will parse in Zeus's program.
    Glad to know the application is helping! I have had a look at your text file and the reason you are constantly getting that error is because of the line breaks. I will try and address this properly in the application, however its currently more work than intended for now so its on the back burner for awhile. Check the attachment in this post, I have done nothing else but remove line breaks within the class block and the archtype skill just has one level rather than every level, since you will keep getting a popup to choose something, every time that level is hi

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Is there any chance of #zal;npc; support?
    Especially useful with monsters that summon allies etc.
    Sure I think I can fit it in for the story build that I should be releasing later on today.

Blog Entries
    I am confused. Rangers get different spells than clerics which are different than wizards. You are saying that I should just parse the text from the class and it will all work out?

There is a spells known and spell slots per level part of the giant table. That is not coded into the xml in a special way?

From my experience I've not entirely noticed it happen with par5E, every time we make classes its more or less works out with some modifications from our side if it does not look good enough. The XML that gets generated in my application is similar to what you would expect for par5E, however I have to admit I've not checked if spell casters are parsed differently and neither have I noticed it in par5E's XML so far.

However as I mentioned you do make a good point, I'll have a look by parsing the UA Ranger myself to have a look.

Blog Entries
    I may just not understand how it works but I set up a ton of characters from levels 1-10 and the action tab on that character sheet is auto-populated with the number of spells slots. That needs to come from somewhere for all spell casters ...

I know that somewhere something is tagged with them being a full caster, a half caster (like a ranger) or a 1/3 caster (paladin) and that's where the spell slots come from. Not sure how that fits in though.

Thread Information