5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... Last

Fantasy Grounds 5E Parser

This Application is no longer supported

What is this?

An unofficial application to help you parse information from the RAW, source books, official material etc into fantasy grounds so you can make the best use of all the nice automation features FG has to offer!

DISCLAIMER:
    The parser tool along with this app is still in its early stages, you may get errors here and there, I would appreciate if they are reported here as a reply to this forum post.
    I would strongly advise you to backup your modules and input data before attempting to use this application.
    Presently it supports par5e input files with a few modifications here and there to support FG's ever growing functionalities.

PLEASE NOTE THIS APPLICATION WAS MADE FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS.

RELEASES
    here.
    You may log your issues and find existing open issues here.

In the works
    FG5EParser progressive releases

Special thanks to Zacchaeus for the nuggets of information! And to to all you peeps that help with the testing.

I would appreciate if anyone reports bugs that they may find while using it thanks!

For people who would like to have a look at the code check this out.

This code has been made available to all with good intent, you can find the licensing details on github. The Releases seen here as links WILL BE PHASED OUT. I have moved entirely to GitHub
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 14th, 2019 at 20:45.

Good work. This looks like a nice addition to par5e.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Creature Creator looks good. Now you need a way to add descriptive text such as lair actions and regional actions. (That's all the text after the ##

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    And you know this is just the beginning! Next you will have to make one for classes!
    Great work kp9911
    That can be arranged, Ill take it up when I am done with this. The reason I chose the Personalities first is because it was infuriating to edit it after copy pasting from the PDF, not to mention the amount of errors that it threw up even afterwards. Also getting innate spellcasting and spellcasting to work was becoming troublesome. I said to hell with this and created that app :P

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Creature Creator looks good. Now you need a way to add descriptive text such as lair actions and regional actions. (That's all the text after the ##
    Ill add it to my list of things to do thanks!

For sure. It took me 3 days to find an error. You know what it was? It was the speed. The text I copied had 30ft. I just couldn't see it. Once I fixed that, that personality parsed just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    For sure. It took me 3 days to find an error. You know what it was? It was the speed. The text I copied had 30ft. I just couldn't see it. Once I fixed that, that personality parsed just fine.
    Ah this is a good idea, I can have to check to make sure the initial speed has a space then. ex 50ft., ---> 50 ft.,

Update 1/4/2016 :

Spellcasting section added! It was a breeze to parse the Lich for once lol!

Very Very Nice indeed: possibly a Spell Creator

Thread Information