Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. #1

    Extension: 5E Action Abilities

    Hello, everyone!

    After using the fantastic Combat Shortcuts Actions extension for Pathfinder for some time, me and my group decided to try D&D5E and we started playing with that instead.
    I really liked that extension, but sadly there was no equivalent for 5E, so I decided to try making it myself.

    Since it ended up being better than I expected I thought that someone else may find it useful, so here it is!

    For those who might not know the original extension, this basically adds a bar on the actions tab with ability checks, saves and initiative, so you can play with less window switching.

    Screenshot:
    action_abilities_screen.jpg

    The items in the action bar are the abilities checks and saving throws, the initiative and the character AC from the main page.

    This only changes the Actions tab of the character sheet, so it should be compatible with any extension that doesn't touch that.

    It's my first extension, so there might be something wrong and/or some really bad tactic for extension making.
    If you think I should change/add something comment and I'll see what I can do!

    Enjoy (I hope )!

    The "wounds" variant is an edit of the extension made by Rino, with the addition of HP, Wounds, temp and speed. Now updated with more compatibility and smaller file size!

    Update 1.1: added labels to checks and saves row. Screenshot: actions_abilities_11.png
    Update 1.2: removed useless code using ruleset layering. The extension should be more compatible now. Did the same thing with the HP version by Rino.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Claneidosyan; January 16th, 2019 at 19:34. Reason: updated version

  2. #2
    I'm an idiot. Disregard.. Nothing to see here...
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

    Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Claneidosyan View Post
    Hello, everyone!

    After using the fantastic Combat Shortcuts Actions extension for Pathfinder for some time, me and my group decided to try D&D5E and we started playing with that instead.
    I really liked that extension, but sadly there was no equivalent for 5E, so I decided to try making it myself.

    Since it ended up being better than I expected I thought that someone else may find it useful, so here it is!

    action_abilities_screen.jpg

    The items in the action bar are the abilities checks and saving throws, the initiative and the character AC from the main page.

    It's my first extension, so there might be something wrong and/or some really bad tactic for extension making.
    If you think I should change/add something comment and I'll see what I can do!

    Enjoy (I hope )!
    One question. This looks really cool by the way! Have you tested with other extensions? I have a game tonight and would love to use it but I do use other extensions and was just curious if you have tested compatibility with others. I might wait until I can test it further before throwing into my game tonight, but I really like the idea!
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

    Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b

  4. #4
    I'm currently using it with:
    • 5E - Advanced Effects
    • 5E Player Effect Removal
    • Apply Effect on CT Drop
    • 5E Table Import
    • Field filters for all libraries
    • Hero points for 5E (as seen in the screenshot )
    • Image Text Labels
    • MoodLighting


    It only changes the Actions tab of the character sheet, so it should be compatible with any extension that doesn't touch that, but I haven't done much testing other than letting my group use it, so I can't guarantee that it's completely bug-free.
    For now we haven't had problems, but if you want to be safe it's better to try it after tonight's game.
    Still it's a really simple extension, so if you're not using other extensions that change the action tab it shouldn't break anything.

    I also tried it without the WotC theme and it works, by the way.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Claneidosyan View Post
    I'm currently using it with:
    • 5E - Advanced Effects
    • 5E Player Effect Removal
    • Apply Effect on CT Drop
    • 5E Table Import
    • Field filters for all libraries
    • Hero points for 5E (as seen in the screenshot )
    • Image Text Labels
    • MoodLighting


    It only changes the Actions tab of the character sheet, so it should be compatible with any extension that doesn't touch that, but I haven't done much testing other than letting my group use it, so I can't guarantee that it's completely bug-free.
    For now we haven't had problems, but if you want to be safe it's better to try it after tonight's game.
    Still it's a really simple extension, so if you're not using other extensions that change the action tab it shouldn't break anything.

    I also tried it without the WotC theme and it works, by the way.
    Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply!
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

    Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b

  6. #6
    Works fine for me, although I'm not using anything that touches the action tab. Great work!

  7. #7
    Nice work!

    I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if there was a checkbox to add proficiency, so you could bypass the skills window entirely. The AC display is also not really that useful, you could cut that

  8. #8
    You mean something you can click to add the proficiency bonus to the next ability check?

    In our setup we usually put the skill with proficiency in the shortcut bar, so we can bypass the skill window that way and this addon let us do out ability checks and saves, so we can bypass the main window too (unless we need to level up).
    I put in the AC since my player usually like to see how much they have (and I had some space left) but yeah, it's not so useful.

    I can try to add this check anyway, since I'd like to get better at modifying FG!
    A brutal, but probably functional, method you could use in the meantimes could be creating a skill with an effect which gives you proficiency bonus on the next dice thrown and then is consumed. If you don't want to have it in the skill window you could probably (I'm not sure about this) add it in the shortcut pane and use it with F1 (or the one you like best :P) before the ability check.

    Edit: by the way, I've been using this some more and it looks stable (for us at least). Is it possible to add it to the community extensions thread?
    Last edited by Claneidosyan; December 21st, 2017 at 18:18.

  9. #9
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Claneidosyan View Post
    Edit: by the way, I've been using this some more and it looks stable (for us at least). Is it possible to add it to the community extensions thread?
    Yes, I've asked Trenloe to do so when he gets a minute. For some peculiar reason I cannot edit that thread.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  10. #10
    This looks very handy! My one observation is it might be nice to have something small indicating which ability score row is for checks and which row is for saves. I can definitely see my players being asked to make a Dexterity check and then being unsure which row is which.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in